Pet Air UK

Guest The Pom Queen

Flossiechops

The only way to get Bulldogs to Australia is with Air Canada to Sydney and then they fly from Sydney to Perth after their quarantine stay. You need to get the rabies vaccination and rabies blood sample done around 5-12 months before you fly over, so plan early.

I am sure there is a whole thread somewhere about flying bulldogs to Australia, with loads of good info on it.

If you want a quote give us a shout

Bob

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you please help me am looking at moving to Oz perth specifically and have a bull dog, she 5 months at the moment need to have someone help me, can you advise?

many thanks

Bob at PetAir can help you with the practical side of things.

Lula recently took her bulldog over to Perth - about 3 months ago now I think. I have not seen her on here for a while, but if you PM her, she may be able to offer assistance as she has the same breed.

Hey Flossie chops.

If Lula comes back and can offer a better way then definitely share it so your dog and other can be helped, would love to hear about that. her posts say she was flying her bulldog to Perth.

Ref a quote can you email me on bob@petairuk.com and we will get a quote to you. We need to know names, location in UK and the size of your bully from floor to top of head and length from tip of nose to base of tail.

I hope we can help.

Bob

Guest The Pom Queen

If I remember rightly Lula was shipping her dog from Dubai direct to Perth and managed to secure the flight with Emirates, who seemed to turn a blind eye, either that or they have different guidelines for Dubai. Bob is correct that there is only one way from the UK :no:

Aaaaahhhhh That makes a bit more sense.

There is anther way - you can fly them to New Zealand stay there for 90 days then fly across to Australia, it shortens the quarantine stay to 10 days but will be more expensive unless you want to go to NZ if you have family there or something.

Interestingly, Emirates will fly practically nothing out of UK!

Guest The Pom Queen
Aaaaahhhhh That makes a bit more sense.

There is anther way - you can fly them to New Zealand stay there for 90 days then fly across to Australia, it shortens the quarantine stay to 10 days but will be more expensive unless you want to go to NZ if you have family there or something.

Interestingly, Emirates will fly practically nothing out of UK!

Something we use to do Bob when I was in the UK was something similar (not to NZ) but we use to have foster homes in another country, could someone do this, so instead of the owners going to NZ could they send their dog to a foster family who would then send the dog over to Oz after the 90 days?

Hi All

I am hoping you can help!

Our situation - we have 176 visa lodged and are int he final stages as med and PCC's have been requested and completed. We are hoping to move as soon as the visa comes throughas we have nothing to stop us, however we cant go until November due to the 6 months you need to wait for the dogs rabies time frame so that she only spends 1 month in quarantine.

We have decided to use Petair gold service, however I spoke with them via email this week about booking the quarentine as I know it gets booked up in advance so we want to book it now, however we are being told that we need an oz address to book it?! We are obviously not moving for several months and havent began looking at accomadation as we are not sure yet when we will be moving, we dont have any friends or family in Oz or jobs waiting for us, so how the heck can we provide an address?! If we wait until we have an address it will be very close to moving day and therefore the dog probably wont get a place for months?!

Has anyone else encountered this, or has any ideas on what to do? I would have thought there would be lots of people moving to Oz who havent sorted out a place to live until close to the date?

Thanks

Lisa

Dear Ladyw

I know you have already booked with us, but where in Australia are you going? People have very different names on the forum than they do in real life, so it is tough to match them up! The reason i ask is that Sydney always have space so booking that can be done later, but to land in Perth in November, you do need to start now.

You can give us any address in Australia - we have used hotel addresses, addresses or work agencies people have registered with, friends details, relative's details and once we even gave the address of a holiday park and part of the address started "caravan 234" or similar. The most tricky gentleman went to Australia with his boxer dog and had never been to Australia, did not know anyone there, had not sorted out a job and he had signed up with an introduction agency - they collected him from the airport and showed him round for a couple of days - we used their address. Basically we can use any address in Australia to book quarantine and get the permit.

Once you arrive there you can get your actual address and once your dog arrives you can give the quarantine station those details after your dog lands.

If it is any help when you register for a NAB bank account there is part of the registration process that asks you if you would like and Australian SIM card so you can get an Australian mobile number before you go. I just think this would be really handy - i am not on any commission from NAB!

I hope that helps and if not give us a call and we can make a plan of some sort i am sure!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mattnjude

Hi just a quick question I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, hoping maybe to move to Austrialia 2013. Is this breed allowed into Australia?

Thanks

Dear Matt n Jude

Yes as long as your dog is definitely a staffie, he can enter. The problem arises when the staffies get a bit taller and a bit more Pit Bull looking that is when the Australians say no. If you want to send over a picture and some more details then feel free. But we have had a few "Irish Staffies/American Bulldogs" whose pictures we have sent to Australia and they say no!

Bob

bob@petairuk.com

Ive been talking to Petair by email over the last couple of days and they do not fill me with any confidence TBH, in 4 separate emails I asked about my dog being collected and only when I asked the last time I was told "Oh sorry I didn't see that in your email" I have also stated my situation and not once has it been acknowledged or my questions answered.

Sorry I only asked twice about collecting my pet, there were 4 emails exchanged.

Edited by ukchris

Hi just thought i would mention incase there are others on here who like me did't realise if your pet hasn't left the country before the rabies blood test certificate runs out you have to start the whole process again. I had my two vaccinated last November in readiness for leaving this year, unfortunately there has been a delay with my visa and by the time my dogs can be booked into Perth quarentine the certificate will have run out, i have had to have the vaccination done this week then have the blood test in 2 weeks and then have the 150 day wait untill they can fly out, then the 30 days in quarentine. I am so gutted as i wanted them with me soon after i leave in september, i thought with already having the vaccine last year they would just need another vaccine then another blood test but don't understand why they have to wait the 150 days as surely they are immune and protected.

I wish i had known as i would have timed it a little better, but very difficult when you don't know when your visa will be granted.

Ann:cry:

Ann

Can I just check that you have sent all the docs over to AQIS? The reason being is that when i asked about a similar scenario earlier in the year, they said that as long as the Rabies blood sample was taken within a year of the first one they would allow them to continue through.

Have you got a pet shipper already?

Give us a shout if we can help, it is definitely worth a call.

Bob

Ann

Can I just check that you have sent all the docs over to AQIS? The reason being is that when i asked about a similar scenario earlier in the year, they said that as long as the Rabies blood sample was taken within a year of the first one they would allow them to continue through.

Have you got a pet shipper already?

Give us a shout if we can help, it is definitely worth a call.

Bob

Hi Bob, thank you for the reply my vet gave me the number of Animal Health , and web address ..... petexports.carlisle@ahvla.gst.gov.uk I spoke to a lady and she confirmed what i said, i haven't as yet sent any docs to Aquis as i was in the process of doing so when it was noticed by the pet exporter i am using that the certificate would be out of date when they were due to fly being nov or dec as Byford is booked until oct now. They both had their rabies vaccines 16/9/11 and another on 4/10/11 ( they had the two vaccines ) followed by the blood test 1/11/11 which was fine. They had another vaccine 24/7/12 of this month and will be having another blood test in two weeks. I know it is now going to be a while before i can book them into Byford anyway as it is booked up but if theres anyway i can fly them without having to wait the 150 days this would be grand as my daughter & hubby work all day who will have to look after them for me when i eventually leave hopefully september. It looks like it's going to January before i can fly them out if i have to wait the 150 days. My pet exporter didn't seem to sure and if i am honest accepted what i was told by the lady i rang, he didn't offer to help or find out himself, just accepted i would have to wait the 150 days. I will check out your quotes Bob i have a shih Tzu and cross cairn/shih tzu only small dogs. Thanks for the reply bob, will give you a call .....i do undertand new regulations are confusing just seems strange to me they have to wait when they have the immunity. Ann

Dear Ann

Classic mistake - never trust Animal Health/DEFRA!

I will happily bet you a tray of krispy kremes that if the next rabies blood sample is done within 12 months of the first one then the 150 days starts from the date of the first one.

I have an email from AQIS to say the above is ok.

Options:

You send the docs to AQIS and double check with them

Your shipper sends the docs to AQIS and checks with them

Call me if you want a chat

Bob

Dear Ann

Classic mistake - never trust Animal Health/DEFRA!

I will happily bet you a tray of krispy kremes that if the next rabies blood sample is done within 12 months of the first one then the 150 days starts from the date of the first one.

I have an email from AQIS to say the above is ok.

Options:

You send the docs to AQIS and double check with them

Your shipper sends the docs to AQIS and checks with them

Call me if you want a chat

Bob

Thank you for that Bob very kind of you to respond and i am very grateful for that. I have just filled in the quote form for my 2 dogs and sent it back to your company, lost a little faith with lack of advice and help from previous pet exporter. I am so pleased they can follow me sooner. Kind Regards Ann

• 4 months later...
Hi,

We are currently living in south Germany are planning on moving to Sydney next year in December. Does PetAir organize shipping pets from other European countries or just from UK?

I am almost certain that they do not, but best to check with them. Bob is very helpful and there are certain packages and options, which he could go through you indepth.

Our Hooligans are with us in Spain. I am planning on driving them to the UK myself and then PetAir will liaise with my parents in the UK re collection and onward transporation from Heathrow to Oz. I was warned by a pet transporter over here to send them via Heathrow as they are better looked after and apparently the authorities in Oz prefer pets to come in this way as they are certain that things are done properly in the UK (I am not sure how true this is, but they offered a Spain-Oz service so they were doing themselves out of business by telling me this.

The pooches are the most worrying part of this experience!!:err: Good Luck.

I am almost certain that they do not, but best to check with them. Bob is very helpful and there are certain packages and options, which he could go through you indepth.

Our Hooligans are with us in Spain. I am planning on driving them to the UK myself and then PetAir will liaise with my parents in the UK re collection and onward transporation from Heathrow to Oz. I was warned by a pet transporter over here to send them via Heathrow as they are better looked after and apparently the authorities in Oz prefer pets to come in this way as they are certain that things are done properly in the UK (I am not sure how true this is, but they offered a Spain-Oz service so they were doing themselves out of business by telling me this.

The pooches are the most worrying part of this experience!!:err: Good Luck.

I also considered transporting my kitty and leaving her for a few months with my parents but unfortunately they don't live in UK but in Poland ... And I am not really sure that vets in Poland are familiar with the whole procedure :-/ I was hoping that I would be able to organize her transport from Frankfurt as there is a direct flight (with Quantas) that allows pets...

I'm also getting worried as I don't want to leave the cat for to long after we move.

I also considered transporting my kitty and leaving her for a few months with my parents but unfortunately they don't live in UK but in Poland ... And I am not really sure that vets in Poland are familiar with the whole procedure :-/ I was hoping that I would be able to organize her transport from Frankfurt as there is a direct flight (with Quantas) that allows pets...

I'm also getting worried as I don't want to leave the cat for to long after we move.

Oh dear what a worry. I believe the pet carriers can offer kennel/cattery options. The only other option would be to leave your kitty in a cattery in Frankfurt and then have her transported from there direct to Oz. Obviously, you would need to speak to an International Pet Transporter in Frankfurt. Really would not know where to start with Poland. They may come under a different category entirely as well to the UK/Germany. The UK and Spain were both Category 4, I would bet Germany is in the same Category.

Good Luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bob, we are in a bit of a dilemma at the moment regarding our dog. He is a long haired German Shepard and will be 12 years old in April, we fly out in April to Adelaide but we are struggling to find a suitable home for our beloved dog, he is very temperamental and cannot just go to anyone due to his nature and age, is there a limit on the age of a dog to take into oz? We were hoping he would stay here with family but this option is not possible, but we did feel that the flight and move may be too much for him due to his age but any advice you could give would be most gratefully received.

Many thanks Natasha

• 2 weeks later...

We arrived in Adelaide Back in July, and would say a massive thanks to PetAir for delivering our Dog & 2 Cats safe & sound without any problems at all. We used the gold service and Joanna was great, guided us through the entire process. Massive Ebay style A+++Highly recommend

We arrived in Adelaide Back in July, and would say a massive thanks to PetAir for delivering our Dog & 2 Cats safe & sound without any problems at all. We used the gold service and Joanna was great, guided us through the entire process. Massive Ebay style A+++Highly recommend

That's great to hear.