ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest shelley32

relocation assistance

Guest shelley32

HI!

Does anyone know of or does anyone offer a service in Brisbane that provides furnished rentals short term but also offers a kind of service of showing you about, helping you find somewhere to live, supermarkets, trains/buses etc??

It would really help me if anyone could help me on this:biggrin:

If there is such a company its a nice idea. Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light. Did an online search not turn anything up?

Speaking from my own experiences of moving overseas, half the fun was exploring, getting out there and learning my way round, even if it was a bit daunting (and in languages that were not English). It takes a bit of time to find your feet and adjust to the initial differences but if you are happy to jump in, make a few mistakes, take a few wrong turns, it usually comes good in the end. Much of it should be straightforward enough, especially as the Aussies are using the same language as us.

BTW, I just took your subject line and chucked it into Google along with 'Brisbane' and got a fair few returns. Not sure if all these companies actually show you round, but they seem to offer lots of the stuff you are after.

Guest shelley32
If there is such a company its a nice idea. Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light. Did an online search not turn anything up?

Speaking from my own experiences of moving overseas, half the fun was exploring, getting out there and learning my way round, even if it was a bit daunting (and in languages that were not English). It takes a bit of time to find your feet and adjust to the initial differences but if you are happy to jump in, make a few mistakes, take a few wrong turns, it usually comes good in the end. Much of it should be straightforward enough, especially as the Aussies are using the same language as us.

BTW, I just took your subject line and chucked it into Google along with 'Brisbane' and got a fair few returns. Not sure if all these companies actually show you round, but they seem to offer lots of the stuff you are after.

Yeh i kind of would just jump in but I have three kids to think of at the same time lol, i think my spontaneous combustion level may well be way high if im stressed and scared! anyway, i found these two sites and have mailed them. Thought id post the links on here in case anyone else is interested

http://www.relocationservicesaustralia.com/

http://brits2brisbanerelocations.com.au/

Thanks a lot ! x