Lodged 176 a year ago, just received 'Invalid application' response

tostar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me clear this up to everyone who is worried about their application.

When you apply online for your visa, you have 28 days from this date to send in (or upload scanned files) your family sponsor form. The date on the sponsor form must be either the date you applied or prior, it cannot be after... otherwise your visa application will be deemed invalid as you did not have a sponsor in place before applying (which is part of the legislation).

Guest jay6213

I am really confused when I filed my online application I clearly stated that I will be sponsored by my sister and then unfortunately more than 28 days later she filled her online part. Does this make my application invalid??? application filed 6/3/11, docs uploaded 11/3/11 sponsor filled online form 28/09/11. Does this make my application invalid??? Don't have a CO yet

In that case, i think im expecting an invalid application as it seem. I lodged 176 family sponsor Online on aug 2009 without asking my sis to file in the 1277. Im totally missed it if not came across this post. Bet my application now is doomed in the dark. She just applied the sponsorship last month.

As my application wasnt processed at all yet, could it still possible or a chance that when they looked into my application later, the required 1277 is already in place which wont deem as invalid?

Since I do not want to give incorrect advice, your best bet is calling to inquiry. They can pull up your application and give you information specific to your case. It's worth a shot as you may be able to do something early rather than waiting.

Hi everyone! I am just new in this forum. I was actually searching for forums about dogs and google linked me to http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/shipping-pets-ask-pet-air/ which I think was the "calling" that I needed to browse the other categories as I also have a 475 family sponsored application. So in short, I was destined to read the other threads and got me here.

I have applied for 475 Family-sponsored application December 16, 2009 and I applied for the sponsorship in my cousin/sponsor's behalf on January 3, 2010. I filled out the online application form in her behalf since she's too busy and is not really good in computers.

After reading the whole thread, I looked at my printed application papers and cannot see any date that tostar is referring. Tostar, please help me. Where can I find the date you were referring? Also, were you granted a case officer before you knew that your application was invalid? Did they email you? What phone number can I call in this case? I found numbers in the DIAC website, not sure if these are the numbers you are referring?

+61 1300 364 613 (outside Australia)

1300 364 613 (in Australia)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bodin

I have applied for 475 Family-sponsored application December 16, 2009 and I applied for the sponsorship in my cousin/sponsor's behalf on January 3, 2010. I filled out the online application form in her behalf since she's too busy and is not really good in computers.

Sorry, it should have been December 16, 2008 (GSM application) and January 3, 2009 (sponsorship application). Since it has been years, I have already lost track of it. LOL!

Hi Bodin,

I was granted a case officer before being told my application was invalid.

The form I am referring to is Form 1277, located here: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1277.pdf

This can be filled out by the applicant on paper and posted, or done online. If the paper copy is submitted, the date on the very last page under the signature on the sponsor has to be either the application date or prior to.

I am not sure how it works if it's done online, but either way the sponsorship must be completed by the sponsor within 28 days.

Also, the phone numbers you listed are the ones Im referring to :)

Hi Tostar,

I see. I am hoping the online application I did will not be invalid. In the online application, I did not specify any date and yes, the sponsorship was applied before 28 days. Thanks for thoroughly answering my questions.

I will try to call the phone number. Thanks again and good luck! :)

Regards,

Bodin

Guest jay6213

This is extremely surreal. I am in a situation where I applied Subclass 176 family sponsored on 6th March 2011 and my sponsor filled their part online on 25th Sept. I enquired about this inadvertent mistake I hade made on the DIAC enquiry system last night and suddenly got CO assigned. I was expecting a CO early next year. My conundrum is that should I admit about this error to my CO in my first email communication and come out clean. And ask if there is anything I can do to rectify the mistake I made unknowingly.

In all fairness DIAC does not mention about sponsor filing forms online in any of their correspondence e.g. the March 18th email. I only found out about this requirement on this forum. It makes sense that DIAC who have my sponsors contact information check the integrity of an application through direct contact with the sponsor. It should not be because the applicant accidently bumped across a link on a blog. What should I do? Is my application destined to be invalid?

Jay, I think they have gone through it before assigned you a CO. So tell him if you've been asked, else just let it be. CO assigned means it wasn't invalid anymore as tostar was received invalid application before getting his CO. Anyway, i may be wrong, but heads up...

Anyhow, your case was a possitive news to me, although mine is somewhere worst than yours. At least there is a hope still for me.

Guest jay6213
Jay, I think they have gone through it before assigned you a CO. So tell him if you've been asked, else just let it be. CO assigned means it wasn't invalid anymore as tostar was received invalid application before getting his CO. Anyway, i may be wrong, but heads up...

Anyhow, your case was a possitive news to me, although mine is somewhere worst than yours. At least there is a hope still for me.

Vince, what you say does make sense. If ain't broken don't fix it. But I have already admitted to the inquiry system about my predicament.I will wait till the weekend and decide if I broach the subject with my CO or not.

Any other perspectives from members would be great.

hey tostar,

i was just wondering whether your "invalid" response came after you had handed in all the required documents to your CO (eg. PCC, meds, etc.)

vincenz: I had a case officer for over a week before they told me about the invalid application..

lei83: I received the March 2011 email asking to forward PCC, meds ahead of time which I did. I received my invalid response well after they received these.

Guest jay6213

Tostar, I am in the same situation. Should i approach the CO mentioning her about the fact that Sponsor did not file their form within 28 days limit. And ask her if there is anything that I do to rectify this error.

jay6213: I cannot recommend what you should do, I am only letting you know my experience. I know they handle all cases differently, but according to the descriptions on their website, your sponsor has to do so within 28 days. My only advice at this point would be to call them to confirm, hope this helps!

I've called up DIAC regarding this, she said to depend on the discretion of the case manager. So finger cross and wait is what i can do now.

by the way, she also mentioned that all Priority 5 applicants were put on hold since 1st July until further notice. Was it what we already know or we should worried about? Until further notice? Arent it should be by this financial year?