Anyone heading to Brisbane in 2013?

Guest ladyrubyred

Guest ladyrubyred

Hi all,

Just wonered if anyone heading to Brisbane in 2013? I know its a way off yet but would be good to keep in touch with families that are heading out there same time as us.:biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

Just wonered if anyone heading to Brisbane in 2013? I know its a way off yet but would be good to keep in touch with families that are heading out there same time as us.:biggrin:

Hi

We are working towards heading over in Nov 2012. Plan is to get a RSMS visa (I'm a nurse). Hubbie plans to be a house husband for the first few months (longer if he was writing this thread!) and take care of our girls (aged 6 and 4 by nov '12).

Happy to keep in touch and compare notes; info; queries, confusion and generally keep eachother sane (..ish) - in my case the damage may already have been done!

Ann:laugh:

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hiya

Good luck with the process,just wanted to ask what a RSMS is? i am hoping to take the plundge too.I am a Mental Health Nurse and researching and researching,Just as Im about to set the balls in motion I come across something new.

It is mind boggling. I am about to register with ANMC then nursing agency.Have you got that far yet? Then the ielts tests and medicals.Hoping to go on 457 visa,however my eldest son is 20 and has to apply himself.We have four children 20,18 and twin boys of 11.

Would like to compare notes and confusion.

Lisa

Guest PaulEmmaNelson

Hi,

We're a Yorkshire based family of 5, 2 girls 9 & 6 and a boy 1, heading out spring 2012 (oz spring that is), just waiting for the house to sell til we book our tickets, eek... we're hopefully going to South Brisbane...can't wait to get away from this grey place....need the sun bad...very exciting but got all the tough stuff still to go!

good luck and stay in touch, might meet you on the beach or in the park one day????

We move next month!!! EEKKK!! kinda surprised us how quick its come around. We are moving with our 8 month old son. We will be living north Gold Coast area but happy to keep in touch with Brissie families. Good luck all hope your moves go smoothly

Hey! We're a family of 4 with a boy aged 3 and girl who's 1. Moving August 2012, initially on 457 until our 175 takes over when granted, so hubby will be a house husband til then! I'm a nurse. Looking at going south Brisbane area. Would love to meet up, first few months can be the hardest, so friendly faces at the ready!

Guest PaulEmmaNelson

Does that mean that everyone that's moving this year has sold their houses? We haven't considered what we'll do if ours doesn't sell fast enough :(

Guest klskelly76

Would really love to keep in touch and know how you are getting on, we are planning to move next year, would love to know how you are getting on, would really appreciate some information about the kids schooling and what way would be best to go and also what costs are involved, also how are they adjusting to such a new environment, although i can only imagine its only good... keep n touch

We move next month!!! EEKKK!! kinda surprised us how quick its come around. We are moving with our 8 month old son. We will be living north Gold Coast area but happy to keep in touch with Brissie families. Good luck all hope your moves go smoothly

• 1 month later...
Guest dannii28

Hi guys,

well we have been on poms in oz for many years but dropped off the radar. since our last post we have booked a wedding (in cyprus), got pregnant, got our visa granted (176 QLD Sponsor) travelled over for 4 DAYS to activate at 27 weeks pregnant, had baby had wedding and now finally planning the move back :wacko:

our boy is 8.5 months old and we planning on moving over june 2013 as this was the time of yr we moved out last time for 12 months and found it easy to climatise so think it will be best for little one. we made some great friends first time round but only one has a child similar age to ours so would love to meet up with other families when we finally arrive

Danielle

I'm in Yorkshire with our 3yo. Hubby is Aussie & caring for his mum in Brissy, as she is entering the palliative stage of lung cancer. I'm hoping to head out there in Nov with our boy & 2 dogs, before flight prices rocket..only submitted my partner visa app today tho, so at a stretch it could be March before I can work! Wld love to share some of the journey with you, as it's hard doing everything solo at such short notice!

• 2 months later...
Hi all,

Hi,

We are going out in March 2013 to Brisbane, havent a clue where yet, still researching and deciding. We are a family of 4, Two girls aged 8 & 14.

Guest Will Low

Hi,we are heading to the Gold Coast on January 15th,family of 4 ,boy 9 and girl 6. W are going to be living in pimpama.In shock as our visa only took 8 days to come through so busy busy de cluttering,charity shop drops awaiting import licence for motorbike then shippers will come. Can't wait, 96 days to go.......hoooooooooooray.

Guest PaulEmmaNelson

Cool, where abouts in North Yorkshire? We are really loving it, however our container has been delayed, my hubby has no job secured and we can't decide on where to live so I hope you are much better prepared than us :)

We are from North Yorkshire too and moving March 2013 to Brisbane. A family of 4. Good luck!

Guest PaulEmmaNelson

Hey how did you decide on Pimpama, we've been here over a month and still can't decide where to live #sodisorganised

Hi,we are heading to the Gold Coast on January 15th,family of 4 ,boy 9 and girl 6. W are going to be living in pimpama.In shock as our visa only took 8 days to come through so busy busy de cluttering,charity shop drops awaiting import licence for motorbike then shippers will come. Can't wait, 96 days to go.......hoooooooooooray.

Hi everyone,

we are also hoping to get to Brisbane June/July 2013!

Wifes a Nurse and we are now waiting on the Skills assessment (and a long wait it is to)

Has anyone else heard about the cut backs in the Public sector? And if they have or if anyone is actually already there, what effect has it had on the demand for UK Nurses?

We'd love to hear your views.

Si & Ange.

• 3 weeks later...