register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

perfectmax

Hoping to be Poms in Oz :)

Hi all

I thought I would introduce myself....I am Sian, married to Danny and we have 3 children to take to Oz. We have completed all our paperwork ready to lodge (that seemed to take forever) I passed the IELTS (8.5 phew!) and I am waiting on one work reference before we lodge for our visa 175.

I would love any advise about the process, what happens next, when medicals might be asked for, generally any thoughts you wish you had known about. I am reading the forum and getting very exicted, I really hope this happens as its cost a ruddy fortune to get this far.

How long did anyone on a 175 wait and what happens in the meantime?

I have read that some people really advise taking white goods with you, mine are built in but is it worth considering buying new and taking them? Also some have said they wish they took their cars....what do you think?

It will be good to get to know people here and hear of the pitfalls and fun along the way.

Thanks

Sian

x

Hi Sian

Good Luck with your application, waiting can drive you mad but its worth it in the end.lol.

We didnt bring any white goods or furniture, although if i had my tyime again i would probably bring my fridge freezer and tumble dryer, other than that i wouldnt change much.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Hi Sian welcome to PIO.

Kate

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Hi and welcome, Have a look at my time line I'm hoping to go on a 175 just like you.

Fitter 4112 - Agent Apointed 28/01/09 - TRA Successful 08/05/09 - Visa 175 Submitted 12/05/09 - CO 30/8/11- Police checks uploaded 16/09/11 - Meds Finalised 28/09/11. Visa Granted 14/11/2011 :ssign19:in oz since Feb 12