register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
pandv_2000

Flights with multiple stops

We are looking at a reccie (and hopefully validation trip) for some time next year. At the minute we are undecided as to where we want to live and are looking at splitting our stay possibly 3 ways - Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Are there any companies that you can recommend where we can book flights with multiple stops entering and leaving the country from different airports?

Thanks

Looking to move on 175 visa. Me, DH, DS (9) and DS (2)

IELTS sat 12/2/11 - scored 8.5, Skills assessment 1/4/11, 175 application lodged 6/4/11. CO 21/11/11 Team 4. PCC uploaded 8/12/11, Meds finalised 24/12/11. Visa granted 5/1/12 :jiggy:

Guest jtrd

We've done it with both qantas and emirates. Each time we've flown into Melbourne and come back from either Adelaide or Brisbane - book your internal flights through the budget airlines it can be much cheaper. These different departure sight flights don't cost extra in my experience.

Most of the major airlines do this, just look for the multi-city/stop-over option on the website, and you can build up the itinerary that you want. As people have said, use budget airlines for the internal flights.

Guest GeorgeD

Go see a travel agent and get them to do some leg work for you.

We had visitors from the UK in March. Their itinerary was as follows:

• Emirates from Glasgow to Dubai and Dubai to Singapore.
  • 3 Nights 4* hotel in Singapore
  • Emirates from SIngapore to Brisbane (where they stayed with us for a few days)
  • Virgin flight from Brisbane to Cairns
  • 4 nights 4* hotel in Cairns
  • Virgin flight from Cairns to Sydney
  • 4 nights 4* hotel in Sydney
  • Virgin flight from Sydney to Melbourne
  • 3 nights 4* hotel in Melbourne
  • Virgin flight from Melbourne to Brisbane (where they stayed with us again for a few days)
  • Emirates from Brisbane to Dubai
  • 3 nights 5* hotel in Dubai
  • Emirates from Dubai to Glasgow

So...Emirates return essentially from Glasgow to Brisbane, 4 internal flights in Asutralia (all with 30Kgs baggage allowance, most internal flights are only 20Kg or less with low cost carriers like Virgin...the agent made sure of this as Emirates allows 30Kgs, so it would've cost a fortune for excess baggae carryign their luggage on Virgin otherwise), plus 17 nights in 4* or 5* CBD hotels in Duabai, Singapore and Oz. They had a huge choice of hotels, so weren't limited by using a travel agent.

Total cost including all taxes was GBP 2,200 via Thomas Cook. My wife's last return air ticket alone from Brisbane to Glasgow cost more than that!

Thanks everyone.

I'm hoping to get the visa before our DS turns 2 in July and travel before then to validate. I know it's a long flight with a toddler with no seat but for £1300 (ouch!!) I think we'll suffer lol.

IELTS sat 12/2/11 - scored 8.5, Skills assessment 1/4/11, 175 application lodged 6/4/11. CO 21/11/11 Team 4. PCC uploaded 8/12/11, Meds finalised 24/12/11. Visa granted 5/1/12 :jiggy:

Hahahahaha - I just did a check with Emirates for what we want to do. For 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant they are quoting

£24571.63 for economy!

lol, maybe you need to keep investigating :)

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?

Guest GeorgeD
Hahahahaha - I just did a check with Emirates for what we want to do. For 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant they are quoting

£24571.63 for economy!

I didn't realise Emirates had started flying to the Moon! It's the only route I can think of that might cost that much in economy.

I got something like that when I looked at emirates to fly from adelaide. apparently it's loaning a seat on another airline from adelaide to sydney that costs that much.

Got a much more reasonable quote from Cathay for £3200 with a stopover in Hong Kong on the way out