Cat 5's who are now Cat 3's after recent WA changes

Chris N Lora

Guest The Fitz's

I applied for a family sponsored visa 176 in Oct 2008. As things have changed my occupation disappeared from this skilled occupation list.

Now it is back on the list eligible for state sponsorship, which could move me to cat 3.

Can i just amend my family sponsorship and apply for State sponsorship?

Would it have any bearing on the application now that i have moved age bracket ( now aged 40) and may not pass the points test because of this? Or is it still the case that when you submit your application for your visa the points are 'frozen' at that stage?

Hi Chris n Lora

We are 2010 475 applicants , and my occupation is on the new WA list but i wondered if you would know if i would have to have a job offer in place to enable me to apply for state sponsorship ?

I understand that you are on a different visa and so different limitations apply.

Thanks Jason and Amanda

Hi mandjay,

The state is only offering to sponsor you to go to the state my wife never had a job offer we commited to WA for 2 years .... If your occupation is on the list then I would suggest you apply asap what with constant changes ... are you pre july 2010?. do you have an agent or are you doing your own app?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

im september 2008 175 applicant. Trade Cabinetmaker

Wa SS approved end of 2010

Now im back on the new WA list, is their now light at the end of the tunnel??

Where i am now?? How can i see or check that they dont forget me again ;-)?

Any advice???

Thx in advance

We have set up Cat 5 to Cat 3 look at link, only 7 have entered details so obviously not many on PIO

Chris

Hi it does not have to be many, based of what I know it might by about 10-20% of those who are waiting offshore, what is quite a large number, 5-10.000. I don't think there are many onshore who are elegible. And also many applicants do not have WA SS even if they are eligible, so it would take some time to get the papers organizes.

Just trying to estimate if this is a considerable delay for Cat 5

Have a nice day, I am already having...

Hi Cater,

I do not think people moving from Cat 5 to Cat 3 will cause any delays to be fair.

playing devils advocat, say there was 1000 offshore Cat 5 and then 100 move out into cat 3 like is happening fingers crossed when they come to do the Cat 5 later this financial year (still 8 months of it) then it would leave only 900 to be seen so techincally it will be quicker to get a CO if and when they start to look at them. at the moment the only people being slowed and doesnt seem that much is Cat 4 by some Cat 5 leap frogging them.

Having a good day

Chris

• 3 months later...
Guest Scissor Sister

Hi all PIO just to let you know we had our visa granted today.After nearly 3 years waiting we have been in every category expect Cat 1 but delighted to say its all over.Perth here we come.

Guest sun lovers

CONGRATULATION good feeling isn't it !!! when you heading out we are hopeing Sept, do you know what part your going to. Good luck :biggrin: