Identify the Insect!?!

Lauren82

Guest guest37336
Anybody know what this is?

We have (baygon) bombed the house but in the mornings we always find 3 or 4 of these dead in the bathroom/laundry areas. They are not really bothering us just have no idea where they are coming from or what they are. Never see them during the day.

[ATTACH]3629[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3630[/ATTACH]

Hi Lauren.

I think you will find they are 'Silver Fish'.

Found in damp/humid areas, they thrive on glues and adhesives, and whilst not a major cause for concern they can become a pest if allowed to thrive.

Very common throughout the world, with different derivatives found in different countries.

The reason you never see them during the day is that they are nocturnal.

As I said, no major cause for concern, more an irritant really.

Cheers Tony.

Guest guest37336
Just watch they don't get in your books

:yes::yes::yes:

Used to be fairly common in UK bathrooms at one time Kate due to the older buildings and not enough ventilation.

And they do love a book, eat away at the binding etc.:yes::wubclub:

Silverfish.jpg

Guest guest37336
Thank you. Do you think they could be coming out of the plug holes? or could they have a nest somewhere? We are only in this house another 6wks so maybe I'll just leave them to it.

Have a look at this link Lauren.

http://www.pestcontrol-uk.org/news/2010/dealing-with-silverfish

No major grief, and to an extent you're not going to stop everything getting in, but nonetheless if a little worried have a squizz at the link, it may help.

Guest guest37336

When we were kids Lauren and lived in a small house (cold, damp, and blooming tiny bathroom) me and my elder brother used to try and guess how many Silver Fish would be in the bath in the morning, I think my brother used to win, and the most we ever found was around 23,:shocked:.

But like I said, now that bathrooms are far better ventilated to degree the Silver Fish is becoming a thing of the past, shame really as they used to fascinate me, that along with Earwigs, :goofy::yes:

Guest guest37336
Anybody know what this is?

We have (baygon) bombed the house but in the mornings we always find 3 or 4 of these dead in the bathroom/laundry areas. They are not really bothering us just have no idea where they are coming from or what they are. Never see them during the day.

[ATTACH]3629[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3630[/ATTACH]

And by the way Lauren the Latin name for them is:

'peskylittlebuggersthatkeepappearingandwontgoaway':yes:

And in the words of the great man,

'Not many people know that'.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Michael_Caine.jpg

Guest guest37336
not just a pretty face is our Tony .........................but does he know where the 39 steps are .....?

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::no::no::cry:

I'm guessing mate somewhere in Scotland,:no:.

The original film was and is a classic,:notworthy:, but I'm afraid Nick this is the best guess I've got without googling.:idea::embarrassed: