Swimming Pool Comparissons

Headstart Homestay

We had a large Fibreglass one fitted when we bought this house and the company we got to do it where poo! They could talk the talk but didnt have staff that could walk the walk and for the first year we had nothing but hassle with the pool including it going green all the time.

In the end and after endless phonecalls they fitted the correct filtration system and we have had hour after hour of fun. I really dont think i could live without one in the summer months here and of course the kids love it.

I am not overly sure of the difference between concrete and fibreglass, i was told concrete takes more maintaince and if you dont keep the chemical levels in the pool exactly right the concrete can start to break away BUT as i say this is only what i was told i have no evidence to back up.

One of our PIO members has family here who own http://www.cascadepools.com.au/CascadePools/Welcome.html they are concrete ones and look fantastic, i will definately be asking him the ins and outs of concrete when we move and need another pool, maybe give him a ring and see what he has to say.

Good Luck, its a lot of dosh to lay out but worth it, on them hot summer nights when your lay there floating watching the stars,,lol

Cal x

Guest The Pom Queen

Cal had the right idea as her pool is huge,the one we have probably isn't even half the size. I'm not sure why they didn't build it larger they had the space. I presume you cannot extend a pool and would need to redo everything.

We had one so big because when i asked around the locals here what regrets they had alot said not having one deep enough for older kids / adults to dive in to. It just hapened that the company we choose only did the one really deep one (over 2 meters deep) but it was over 12 mtrs long, thankfully it wasnt long after we had arrived and the exchange rate on the money we brought was 2.5 so give us a tad more 'freedom' on the purse strings.lol.

Cal x

Guest The Pom Queen
We had one so big because when i asked around the locals here what regrets they had alot said not having one deep enough for older kids / adults to dive in to. It just hapened that the company we choose only did the one really deep one (over 2 meters deep) but it was over 12 mtrs long, thankfully it wasnt long after we had arrived and the exchange rate on the money we brought was 2.5 so give us a tad more 'freedom' on the purse strings.lol.

Cal x

It's brilliant and I wish ours was that large:cry:

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers Rudi . Had good recommendations about crown pools. So taking the plunge. It's not these guys your friend built with I hope.

Hope ur keeping well.

Dale

Hope the build goes well Dale! No - it's not them, so fingers crossed all will be will.

Love

Rudi

x