MARYROSE02

Spurs v Liverpool tonight @ The Triple Ace Bar, Cnr Campbell & Elizabeth Sts. Sydney

If you are a Spurs fan that is, or even maybe an Everton fan for one night only! I expect most Spurs fans know this already, but if you don't, this is where Spurs fans go! Some to watch the game, some to drink and watch the game, some to drink, sing & watch the game. and all for a good time, even if we lose!

Come on you Spurs :chatterbox: Enjoy the game :)

Brisbane OzSpurs currently meet at:

Pig 'N' Whistle Pub, Eagle Street

Riverside Centre, 123 Eagle St

Brisbane QLD 4001

07 3832 9099

Are you watching the game here?

• Like 1

Nope, home with small child so can't get to the pub this time but will watch out for games when I can get there. Been reading the Spurs tweets & missing the lane.

Nope, home with small child so can't get to the pub this time but will watch out for games when I can get there. Been reading the Spurs tweets & missing the lane.

10pm just about to go down to the pub - ten mins walk for me. I could take the car but it seems lazy.

I did not go to WHL that much - but when I did it was a big trip for me up to The Smoke from deepest Hampshire - nothing like being there but odd thing is that in OZ I never miss a game!

Good crowd tonight - 30 to 40 turned up, excellent atmosphere too, although it did go all our way! Stayed on for a while to watch Man U v Chelsea. One of the guys was going off to 'Cheers' to indulge in some 'Chelsea-stirring!' I don't know how these guys who are working today get on.

I'm not much of one for singing but the other guys love it. I sometimes can't be bothered to go down there as I've got Foxtel at home but it's only ten mins walk. It's such a great feeling that ten, twenty guys all know my name and are pleased to see me. Many spend hours getting there too, Steve comes from the Central Coast - all night in the train and then almost straight to work.

The pub filled up with Man U fans afterwards - mostly Asians but a few Pommies too. I was admiring one guy's little computer - asked him about it - his girlfriend could speak English - I think they were Japanese actually - told me it's a Samsung, smaller but thicker than an IPAD?

Thanks for posting maryrose, I used to work at the cop shop in Tottenham, and when they won the FA cup one year, they send the cop car down to pick it up and bring it to the station - we all got our photos taken with it, still have that pic. Used to go to WHL a lot, sure miss those days.

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

Thanks for posting maryrose, I used to work at the cop shop in Tottenham, and when they won the FA cup one year, they send the cop car down to pick it up and bring it to the station - we all got our photos taken with it, still have that pic. Used to go to WHL a lot, sure miss those days.

That's a nice anecdote, Olly. From the days when the club was much more a part of the community? Can you post the photo? (That's my cunning way to try and see if I can pick the right year!)

Do you go to the Spurs games in Melbourne? www.ozspurs.com There's a venue in Melbourne. It's the next best thing to being at the games. I was talking to a bloke who's been here for three years and still got his season ticket.

Melbourne OzSpurs currently meet at:

Charles Dickens Tavern

290 Collins Street

Melbourne

(03) 9654 1821

For the latest details of meet-ups and live games make sure you check out the OzSpurs Forum.