harrietotbot

Moving to Brisbane in 3 Weeks

Hi All,

I have just joined this forum. My husband, 2 young children (5 Years & 18 months) and myself are moving to Brisbane in 3 weeks. As yet we do not know where we are going to live, husband will be working Mt Gravitt area any suggestions?

Guest spadgersdad

Hi

Speaking through experience rent somewhere close by, probably half an hour drive away this then gives you the opportunity to view areas, suburbs, schools etc that feel comfortable.

Our advice to guests that have stayed with us is always to drive around, get out of the car, have a coffee etc and get first hand experience on the different areas.

Check out http://www.ourredlands.com.au fantastic place to live (we are biased).

Good luck with your search

Welcome to the forum.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest Dracona

Mount Gravatt has some great places to live for families. The Garden City shopping centre is massive, and suburbs include Mt Gravatt, Holland Park, Salisbury..

Go to realestate.com.au to look for places as well.

What sort of things are important to you as a family? Do you want to be inland or by the water? What sort of budget do you have? How long is your husband happy to spend travelling each day? Will he be using a car or public transport?

There are many many places which may be suitable for you, but if you could say more about what you are looking for it might mean you get some really good ideas about where to live.

That said......I agree with Spagersdad........the Redlands area is a great place to live and not a bad commute to Mt Gravatt.

Love

Rudi

x

Hi there, we arrived here 4 weeks ago and have 3 children under 5. I wondered how you are getting on and if you have chosen an area. We are going North to Bridgeman Downs but currently living in the CBD. Would love to hear any tips you have picked up on stuff to do, etc. Hope the move went well. Jane

Guest Dublingirl

Hi All we hoping to move to Brisbane in next couple of months as came to Mackay QLD but finding it too quiet although have met some lovely friends just wondering if anyone has teenage children and if so how have they settled and if you have any advice on high schools also my son due to start prep so all advice would be greatly appreciated :wub: