417 Working Holiday Visa & Travel/Health Insurance

Cruz

Hi guys,

I'm looking to head across to Sydney pretty much asap once I've got my Working Holiday Visa Sorted.

I've read up on the http://australia.gov.au/ site, but I still have a few questions.

1. Can I apply for this visa online if my passport is out of date?

It says on the site that they recommend that your passport is in date before you apply, but I've read on other sites that it shouldnt be an issue.

I plan on getting my passport renewed this coming week, but would like to get the visa process started asap.

2. At what stage do you pay for the visa i.e. will I have to pay before or after I've completed the online application.

3. Is it necessary for me to have the equivalent of 5000AUD in my bank account? I'm staying with my partner and her family so I don't plan doing alot of travelling as such when I arrive.

4. Lastly, can anyone explain to me what travel and health insurance would be most suitable to have while out there.

From what I've read so far, WorldNomads was highly recommended for travel insurance and Medicare for Health insurance???