At what stage do you have to give info on your relationship?

oidara

I have just done a dummy run of the application for a 175 visa because, when we actually do apply, we will likely be away from home. I'm trying to make sure I know exactly what we need so we have any required documents with us.

I thought that you have to provide a statement/evidence of how long you have been together with your partner, but nothing came up in the online application. Is this because we're married? Or is it something the case officer asks for later?

Anything else we need to prepare apart from the following:

IELTS test score

Skills assessment

Work history

Medical checks

Police checks

???

If you're going as a spouse on another visa I think it's quite different.

If you're applying for a partner visa (i.e. your Australian OH is sponsoring you to enter Australia as his/her spouse) you need to prove you're in a genuine and ongoing relationship.

I wouldn't think you'd need the same level of evidence, but hopefully someone who knows for sure will be along soon!

** edit **

Sorry i meant if you're LISTED as a spouse

From my reading of the immi website it looks like you should be including evidence as well - but that's just my interpretation ...

This if from the website about including secondary applicants (i.e. you) as part of your husband's visa: In all instances, you must include evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing and you have a commitment to a shared life together.

Maybe do a search on the threads for your visa number and partner and see if others have already asked and answered the same question?

I have just done a dummy run of the application for a 175 visa because, when we actually do apply, we will likely be away from home. I'm trying to make sure I know exactly what we need so we have any required documents with us.

I thought that you have to provide a statement/evidence of how long you have been together with your partner, but nothing came up in the online application. Is this because we're married? Or is it something the case officer asks for later?

IELTS test score

Skills assessment

Work history

Medical checks

Police checks

???

Marriage certificate

P60

wage slips from different years

letter from your employer confirming you work there

Birth certificates

proof of education

IELTS test score

Skills assessment

Work history

Medical checks

Police checks

???

Hi

Just got a copy of my paper file out

photo copies of your passports for all that are going

Employment reference

Confirmation of current Employment

all these need to be certified

on the application

both your parents and brothers and sister

Hope this helps

all the best Tania

The online application generates your document checklist, when you log in to check progress of your application you can see the document check list there too. Our checklist didnt ask for employment ref, pay slips - but we up loaded them anyway.

For online applications, colour scans of the original documents do not need to be certified. We didnt need many documents to be certified, many had been done already for Engineers Australia.

For the passport photos, we took photos ourselves and used an online program www.idphoto4you.com to make the passport size photos and they were saved as jpeg.

The online application generates your document checklist, when you log in to check progress of your application you can see the document check list there too. Our checklist didnt ask for employment ref, pay slips - but we up loaded them anyway.

For online applications, colour scans of the original documents do not need to be certified. We didnt need many documents to be certified, many had been done already for Engineers Australia.

For the passport photos, we took photos ourselves and used an online program http://www.idphoto4you.com to make the passport size photos and they were saved as jpeg.

Some on the thread I run have just been recently asked for employment ref, pay slips and p60. :biggrin:

• 3 months later...
Guest JonnyNI

This is a great website - we have been filling out the 176 online application all day and have eventually got it finished. I was under the impression that all supporting evidence had to be supplied at the time of submission but reading this thread I am obviously wrong!!

One question though - once I hit the button and get stung for £2,000 :chatterbox: how long do I have to get all the rest of the stuff uploaded??

Thanks, Jonny

This is a great website - we have been filling out the 176 online application all day and have eventually got it finished. I was under the impression that all supporting evidence had to be supplied at the time of submission but reading this thread I am obviously wrong!!

One question though - once I hit the button and get stung for £2,000 :chatterbox: how long do I have to get all the rest of the stuff uploaded??

Thanks, Jonny

28 days for docs on checklist, but CO will request medicals and PCC and any other documents that they want.

I was the primary applicant on our visa (albeit a few years ago) with my hubby and children included in the application. I sent off our marriage certificate (we'd been married 13 years at that time) and wasn't asked for any other evidence of our relationship.