register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest bindog1uk

Best visa for daughter

Guest bindog1uk

Looking for advice on which would be the best visa for daughter.

My husband and I have recently made the move to Australia, my daughter would like to now join us, she is 35 yrs old and is not on any occupation that is in demand by the Qld goverment.She has no family back in the U.K. apart from my 90 year old mother who is in a nursing home with dementia, her brother, my son still lives there but they haven't spoken for eight years after a big fall out & is unlikely to ever make up. I am desperate for her to join me, so I would be gratefull for any help.

Lesley

I am in same situation, my son there on WHV at moment, we (mum, dad & brother) have been granted Permanent visa, so our agent has said he can apply on Last Remaining Relative Visa which we are probably going to do once we are in Perth. It's worth a look.. Sharon

TRA 04/3/11. Pass 21/3. Practical 11/4. Pass 3/5. SS 03/05. SS Grant 20/5. Visa Lodged 21/5. CO 16/06. PCC 25/06.Meds 29/07. VISA GRANTED 4/08/11 :wink:.

Guest bindog1uk
I am in same situation, my son there on WHV at moment, we (mum, dad & brother) have been granted Permanent visa, so our agent has said he can apply on Last Remaining Relative Visa which we are probably going to do once we are in Perth. It's worth a look.. Sharon

Thanks Sharon, have heard of this one, but not quite sure if it apply's to her, will try to look into it as I am her last remaining Relative, her dad is dead, so me & her stepdad are all she has, really don't want to leave her in U.K. by herself, thanks....Lesley

She has a brother, even if she doesn't speak to him he is counted. Even half and step siblings are included in the mix for last remaining relative.

You and your partner cannot have any other brothers, sisters, parents (or step equivalents), or non-dependent children other than those who are usually resident in Australia and are Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens.