Any advice is good advice

Guest chaplen918

Guest chaplen918

Hi everyone,

My partner and I have been talking about moving to Australia for a long time and now we want to start gathering information.

I am currently a bricklayer with 6 years experience, plus further education, including National Certificate in Building Services, Higher National Certificate in Building Services and currently starting a years leadership and management Course.

My partner is a qualified mental health nurse of 3 years.

Job advice, places to move to, salaries, length of time for visa, etc will all be a big help

Many thanks for reading.

Will look forward to your replies.

Guest Guest31881

Hi,

Welcome to PIO,

personally I would suggest you contact one of the reputable migration agents who will normally give you a 15 min chat about what visas and the best route to take. Then you can decide if you want to use an agent or go the DIY route. A lot of members on the site have gone DIY and will be only too happy to help.

Take a look at Go Matilda & Visa Bureau as two agents who will normally give you a free initial chat.

I can't help with visa information - hubby is coming over on a partner visa (i'm the aussie), but there'll be loads of people on here to give you advice.

The main thing to remember about Australia is that it's not just 'Australia' - there are so many different places and environments to choose from it can be very hard to decide.

You've got to consider what you and your family want from where you live - remember it's not just a holiday, you've got to be practical too!

Do you want country, town or city? Do you want lots of shops and restaurants to choose from, or would a couple in the local area do? Do you like tropical or temperate climates? (it'll be different to UK all over the place, but think about going to work in different climates..) Do you adore the idea of running on the beach before breakfast, or are you happier in the mountains or jogging in a park? Do you mind a long commute to work or do you want to avoid this? Have you ever watched Australian Rules Football (or could you fake liking it until you suddenly discover you're suddenly actually a die-hard fan and can't bear to be without it!) or do you think it's a silly game that's got no style. (If you think this then, sorry I can't give you advice anymore on principle...)

Have you got family/friends that you'd like to be close to (or far away from...)?

Just a few (million) thoughts to think about - and one last tip (even if you don't like AFL) - check out local newspapers on the web and see what's going on in the areas you're thinking about :)