Got visa not enough funds to validate

murky

Arriving on Australia day as well, that's rather poignant. I'm really happy for you. You arrived the day after but you've done more to get yourselves sorted than I have. Goes to show what can be done when you really want something.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest30085
3 weeks bit early for the celebrations (can be done ) but I hope you post a similar reply in 20 years good luck.

Jeez, you really are a barrel of laughs arent you Kirk? Do you just like the attention you get when people feel that they have to respond to your ever so cynical posts?

If I want to wish someone well after they have already overcome difficult circumstances, then I will do so, without apology, and do not understand the need to try and throw cold water on someone else's happiness. Not all of us will amass a fortune before we emigrate, if I can survive in the UK, then I will manage to do so in Australia, the same way that I am sure the OP will. If they feel that they can make a go of it, then what business is it of anybody else?

If you want to spout your beliefs then please do so on a thread of your own, rather than trying to dampen someone else's good news, just because they dont have 6 buy to let properties, a massive retirement fund and an Ivory Tower to look down on the lowly people below.

My apologies to the OP for going off track and I wish you well x

Jeez, you really are a barrel of laughs arent you Kirk? Do you just like the attention you get when people feel that they have to respond to your ever so cynical posts?

If I want to wish someone well after they have already overcome difficult circumstances, then I will do so, without apology, and do not understand the need to try and throw cold water on someone else's happiness. Not all of us will amass a fortune before we emigrate, if I can survive in the UK, then I will manage to do so in Australia, the same way that I am sure the OP will. If they feel that they can make a go of it, then what business is it of anybody else?

If you want to spout your beliefs then please do so on a thread of your own, rather than trying to dampen someone else's good news, just because they dont have 6 buy to let properties, a massive retirement fund and an Ivory Tower to look down on the lowly people below.

here, here :yes:

Good luck Murcky's and wish you all many years of happiness xx

All that just for me thank you.

I was reading a thread last week where people were debating how much you need to take to get by and everyone was panicking they only had X amount of thousands and i started to wonder and panic if we had enough and what we will do.

After reading your latest update it just goes to show that sometimes you just have to go and give it a go with what you can. I am really happy for you and wish you the best af luck you really deserve it. Well done....

I was reading a thread last week where people were debating how much you need to take to get by and everyone was panicking they only had X amount of thousands and i started to wonder and panic if we had enough and what we will do.

After reading your latest update it just goes to show that sometimes you just have to go and give it a go with what you can. I am really happy for you and wish you the best af luck you really deserve it. Well done....

3 weeks ??? I am trying to make you look for the less positive posts then if you can see the light then go for it. 3WEEKS.

Brief update from murky, we landed on 26th january 2012, not a lot of money very unsure as to what the hell we were doing. No job no car. Its now 3 weeks later, living with friends for now till i get a rental house, daughter in school, son on trial with a major holden (vauxhall) garage and i'm working full time. Got hp on a new car and picking it up tomorrow night, admittedly a lot sorted in 3 weeks but like i said to myself on that first teary night i cant go back as i only booked one way tickets (all i could afford) i'd like to thank you all for your comments and help in getting me here and i promise i'll keep you all up to date with our progress. To all of you reading this thinking i cant make the move cause of this or that... If you dont give it a go you will NEVER EVER know how you would have got on. This time 6 months ago i was sat at home thinking its not going to happen , i've wasted 4 years of mine and my families lifes wanting something that i can never get. Last weekend i was on a beautiful beach watching parrots in a nearby tree thinking i live here.... G'day mates from the murkys

Well done Murky's, good luck for the future. I know exactly what you mean about the feeling of "i live here...." we've been here 20 years and still get the same feelings when we are sat on the glorious local beach on a typical Perth day. We still have to pinch ourselves sometimes.

All the best, hope it all works out.

Yep, well done Kirk for ruining another thread.................oh and I see you are still in the UK so until you are in Oz stop knocking those that have actually got there and are making a go of it despite not having your money...................money isn't everything, family and happiness is !

I look forward to updating you after my first 3 weeks there :yes:

Oh wow! I just read this thread from start to finish in one go! What an awesome story and am so so glad that you guys are finally there now and wishing you guys a lot of success and good wishes for the future!! :smile: (I actually felt teary eyed reading this thread too...):embarrassed:

Hi Murky i just wanted to say congratulations as sephie said ive just read this thread from the start and want to wish u all the very best with your future in Oz u r defo a determined family and are now living your dream :biggrin:

I loved your story from the start, mrs murky, when you went to oz and back in 72 hours or something like that. What a rollercoaster ride that must have been for you all! And now you're actually back and living in Oz! That's quite a story. I hope you'll all settle down well and that you'll all be happy in South Australia, although be prepared to get homesick from time to time. It's a cast-iron guarantee it will kick in at some stage, but when it happens, always cast your mind back to how you felt when you first decided to upsticks and leave England and what you went through to get your visas validated before you lost the chance to take that Big Step!? Did you manage to sell your house in England to fund your return, or have you rented it out until the property market picks up, before you sell up? Anyway, however you managed it, the main thing is you're all now where you wanted to be and I hope you all live happily ever after in the Wonderful Land of Oz ! Okay, so those of us who have a longer history living in SA know it's not a fairy-tale and it's not always going to be a picnic; but at least you've embarked on the Big Adventure and if it doesn't work out a bit further along the track, you can always go home to England again. But, a word to the wise, murkys, if that should happen (and there's no saying it won't at some stage), I beg you to get yourselves naturalised before you leave Oz, although to do that you have to be Permanent Residents for four years minimum. It's a simple ceremony, and you won't lose your British nationality at all. You'll have the best of both worlds, because you'll be Aussies as well as Brits! Doesn't come better than that. And you won't regret it, I'm sure. Chances are if you do return to Blighty, the time will come when you'll pine to return to Oz, and it will make life so much easier if you already have that precious passport that says you're Aussies and can come and go as you please.

I wish you all good things for the future, murky family! x

although be prepared to get homesick from time to time. It's a cast-iron guarantee it will kick in at some stage

Might be a girl thing, homesickness. Never had it and I don't think my wife has either come to that. It's our silver wedding next year and I think our families are expecting us to return for a visit. We are hoping to go to Hawaii.:biggrin:

Guest scottiedog

cool story hope oz is all you have dreamed it to be now and in the future.I take my hat off to you and your family well done you all for making it happen!:wink:

Yep, well done Kirk for ruining another thread.................oh and I see you are still in the UK so until you are in Oz stop knocking those that have actually got there and are making a go of it despite not having your money...................money isn't everything, family and happiness is !

I look forward to updating you after my first 3 weeks there :yes:

sorry & your right

Yay to the Murky's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember reading through your thread at the time and hanging on the edge of my seat with my fingers crossed, hoping against hope you'd manage it! Welcome to Oz :D

We moved over without a lot of money, so I know it can be done :) A few months on and we've both got jobs, Satchdog is settled in and we've got a nice rental place (for a good price too!)

Now hearing your next step of adventures I'm in tears to hear how you've managed to get over here so quickly!! Well done and congratulations! (Ok the tears might be partly pregnancy related, but they're mostly due to happiness!)

We're in Melbourne, so not exactly next door, but if you have any need for stuff just post the word and hopefully someone will be able to help :) And then you can help others when they need it :)

Cheers and grats again :)