Got visa not enough funds to validate

murky

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you all. We swallowed our pride big time and asked some very good friends (best friends in the world now actually) for a loan of some extra flight money and they said anytime. We are so grateful. We booked on Sunday and fly out today with Korean airways, don't know what they are like but as long as they have wings and engine I don't care, even though it wasn't cheap. we will fly to Sydney because told more available daily flights but will only spend a couple of nights there as we we still don't have a lot of funds but knew it wasn't going to be a holiday and beggars can't be choosers. In a way I am happy that we have managed to to this but also a bit sad that when we come back on 27th we will have to pay back cash before we can start saving again, but we will do it.

So thanks again everyone we will let you know how it goes :wink:

Mrs murky

Great ending to the story, I couldnt imagine what it would have been like for you on the 30th otherwise, a day you would never forget for all the wrong reasons.

We borrowed money for the deposit on our house, although it was hard to do its only money at the end of the day and im sure your friends were more than happy to lend it to you, free accommodation for them in OZ for life now!

Good luck with it all.

Dan.

Jeez what a story to tell when you're older. All the people that post on here wondering whether to come or not, or whether they can afford to, when they've had job offers around $100,000.

Sure puts that into perspective when you see a post like this.

All the best Murky's, I've no doubt you will make it out here and hope you love it when you do.

Have a wonderful few days and give yourself a big incentive to save as much as fast as you can to go back and stay....... Good on yer.... :wink: :biggrin: :smile: :hug:

Hi everyone

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you all. We swallowed our pride big time and asked some very good friends (best friends in the world now actually) for a loan of some extra flight money and they said anytime. We are so grateful. We booked on Sunday and fly out today with Korean airways, don't know what they are like but as long as they have wings and engine I don't care, even though it wasn't cheap. we will fly to Sydney because told more available daily flights but will only spend a couple of nights there as we we still don't have a lot of funds but knew it wasn't going to be a holiday and beggars can't be choosers. In a way I am happy that we have managed to to this but also a bit sad that when we come back on 27th we will have to pay back cash before we can start saving again, but we will do it.

So thanks again everyone we will let you know how it goes :wink:

Mrs murky

whoohooo ...well done mrs murky and family ....just shows that it was meant to be ....enjoy ur couple of days in oz and before u know it u will be flying out to stay ....and good onya friends for helping out :notworthy:

mrs keily

Ah i really feel for you, there are some good prices out there on flights, we paid just over 2k for 4 of us for January and thats there peak season. I hope you find the money somehow and someone offers to put you up till you find jobs,like others have said, start selling things or look at loans or credit cards, anything that will help you not let go of your dream,

lots of luck with it all :hug::hug:

Mandi xx

sorry mandi1971 for butting in,, but where did you get the flights to in australia ,,who where they through:unsure:

Guest Tara Branson

What fantastic news for you all, at least now you have time to save and pay monies back and jet off to Oz for the rest of your life's :) so excited for you x

Hi All first time on ,pretty much in the same situation as you guys its took that long (3yrs) all so run out of funds.With work situation as Solid Plasterer got e-mail off c/o,saying go for your meds and police check another £1000 after £3000 already spent on TRA,AQF III and visa .To find out 4 days after meds received e-mail from c/o that she is not happy with some off the paper work (all the paperwork was good enough to take £4000 off us and had it for 3 years).Now we haven't had visa granted but carn't get any answers from anyone about visa refund can anyone help.Dream pretty much over due to time scale and financial losses but paid for something that we may not receive.

Hi All first time on ,pretty much in the same situation as you guys its took that long (3yrs) all so run out of funds.With work situation as Solid Plasterer got e-mail off c/o,saying go for your meds and police check another £1000 after £3000 already spent on TRA,AQF III and visa .To find out 4 days after meds received e-mail from c/o that she is not happy with some off the paper work (all the paperwork was good enough to take £4000 off us and had it for 3 years).Now we haven't had visa granted but carn't get any answers from anyone about visa refund can anyone help.Dream pretty much over due to time scale and financial losses but paid for something that we may not receive.

Really sorry to hear things are not looking good, have you tried phoning your CO?

Hoping your dream is still alive Forbes

Ask Gollywobbler (Gill). I'm sure she'll know what to can do, Adie. You can find her on 'PomsInAdelaide' forum. Google it.

My husband and I feel so angry on your behalf. You've been badly treated by your CO. When I read your post out to my OH, his first response was: 'They're a bunch of b-st--ds!'

We wish you all the best, Adie. Talk to Gollywobbler. If anyone can help, she will.

Hi All

Thanks for all your kind wishes. We arrived back from Sydney last night. We used Korean airways which we had never heard of but were actually very good apart from the food on the way there being cold, eating cold rice and curry at 6am was not our ideal breakfast in fact I don't want to see any rice for a good while, don't know if they had problem with food warmers? And the Koreans felt the need to constantly walk up and down the isles and start doing squats and star jumps at the side of us, it's not good waking up to someone's bottom in your face it was funny at first. It might sound as though nothing went right but it was really great and nothing could put us off. The kids hadn't been to oz before but really loved nsw and didn't want to come back even though it peed it down day and night the whole time we were there. We where told it was 32degrees the day before we arrived and then brightened up as we got on the plane to come home, just couldn't believe it, it's a good job it wasn't a holiday and the Aussies thought we were crazy going for 2 days. It just felt like home as soon

as we got off the plane and everything still seemed familiar even though it was

4years since we last visited and we can't wait to join our friends out there as

soon as possible. So now we haved calmed down a bit started back at work

today and are now ready for the big save up. Bring it on! :biggrin:

Mrs Murky

Hi All

Thanks for all your kind wishes. We arrived back from Sydney last night. We used Korean airways which we had never heard of but were actually very good apart from the food on the way there being cold, eating cold rice and curry at 6am was not our ideal breakfast in fact I don't want to see any rice for a good while, don't know if they had problem with food warmers? And the Koreans felt the need to constantly walk up and down the isles and start doing squats and star jumps at the side of us, it's not good waking up to someone's bottom in your face it was funny at first. It might sound as though nothing went right but it was really great and nothing could put us off. The kids hadn't been to oz before but really loved nsw and didn't want to come back even though it peed it down day and night the whole time we were there. We where told it was 32degrees the day before we arrived and then brightened up as we got on the plane to come home, just couldn't believe it, it's a good job it wasn't a holiday and the Aussies thought we were crazy going for 2 days. It just felt like home as soon

as we got off the plane and everything still seemed familiar even though it was

4years since we last visited and we can't wait to join our friends out there as

soon as possible. So now we haved calmed down a bit started back at work

today and are now ready for the big save up. Bring it on! :biggrin:

Mrs Murky

It must all seem like a dream now, having flown half-way around the planet and back again in such a short space of time. Definitely not something for the faint-hearted! Wow! You must be jet-lagged big-time by now and will probably sleep for a couple of days before you get your body-clock back to UK time. Still, I'm sure it was worth it.

Shame about Korean Airways, but still, it was all part of the experience and you'll probably never forget it. Star-jumps will take on a new meaning for you now, I expect! Oh but, cold rice and curry for breakfast?? Urgh! Can't think of anything less palatable...

Still, you've finally validated your precious visas and can now breathe a sigh of relief that you managed it! Congratulations! Just think, it was only 10 days or so ago you were despairing of ever being able to live your dream of a life in Oz. And now look at you!

You sound all fired up and ready to start feeding the Oz fund piggy bank? I know you've still got a mountain to climb, as you have to repay your kind friends back first, but don't forget: A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. You can do it!

Welcome back, mrs murky and family!

• Like 1

It must all seem like a dream now, having flown half-way around the planet and back again in such a short space of time. Definitely not something for the faint-hearted! Wow! You must be jet-lagged big-time by now and will probably sleep for a couple of days before you get your body-clock back to UK time. Still, I'm sure it was worth it.

Shame about Korean Airways, but still, it was all part of the experience and you'll probably never forget it. Star-jumps will take on a new meaning for you now, I expect! Oh but, cold rice and curry for breakfast?? Urgh! Can't think of anything less palatable...

Korean airways more than made up for all star-jumps though, on the way back because of the way the flight times were scheduled, we got a stop over in Seoul with a fantastic 5 star hotel, an evening buffet which was a complete banquet, breakfast buffet and vouchers for food at the airport. So we forgive them. The teens couldn't stop laughing at the talking toilet that warmed the seat and blow dried your bits, very space age we couldn't get them out of the bathroom,they kept taking photos to show their mates.

Mrs murky

Hi Stacey

No that was the toilet at the hotel, the one on the plane a little boy kept banging on the door and asking people if they were having a wee or a poo, as though he was going to get an answer lol. I only travel with the classy airlines!

Mrs murky