Got visa not enough funds to validate

murky

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nikkidel

Have you come across these people before?

http://www.iom.int/jahia/Jahia/concession-fares

They are the International Organization for Migration, and have deals with some airlines to get discounted flights for migrants. I don't know whether they only help out on one-way tickets, or whether they help if you wanted a return ticket, but if you email them then if they're able to help, they will.

Dh and I booked our tickets recently because we were in a hurry and didn't want to wait for them to email back...anyway, when we heard from them they offered us flights for over £100 less per person than we ended up booking, and it was the same flight with the same airline as we had just booked.

I reckon it's worth a try...hope it all works out for you. :smile:

Guest the hamlyns

Can't really imagine the stress you and your family must be going through right now. Just hope you manage to sort something out, as all the others have said, the visa is a gift which you cannot waste, it has taken you too long to get it to let it slip through your fingers now. Do whatever you can to get to Oz and validate to buy yourself more time. Wishing you the best of luck, please keep us posted with your progress...here's wishing for a happy ending x

Guys, just a quick question if I may. Once your visa has been approved how long before you have to be in Oz to validate your visa, is there some sort of time frame, weeks/months?

Guys, just a quick question if I may. Once your visa has been approved how long before you have to be in Oz to validate your visa, is there some sort of time frame, weeks/months?

You are given 12 months from the date of your police certificate / medicals (whichever is oldest) to validate your visa.

I really feel for you guys and wish you luck. I have had no joy with this myself but seasoned raveller once said to me that if you call the airline direct and ask to speak with one of the sales managers you can barter the airline price. Wortha shot. Call one and play the sob story and say you are willing to fly where ever when ever before the 30th and see if they can help. I tried it once and couldn't get past the initial sales adviser but perservere and you may get lucky. Good luck

Guest nikkidel

I think it's within a year of the date of your police checks. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

Surely if Mr & Mrs Murky fly out to validate their visas, the kids can reapply? They couldn't refuse the kids applications when their parents have already been granted.... could they?

Surely if Mr & Mrs Murky fly out to validate their visas, the kids can reapply? They couldn't refuse the kids applications when their parents have already been granted.... could they?

It's more expense though - the visa fee for a subclass 101 (the visa the kids would need) is $1995 plus new medicals and (probably) new police checks for the parents.

Good Luck to you, We don't have nearly as much money as we hoped due to the recession and me get paid about half of what I did a year ago and are going to be living in a campervan for at least a year (probably catching our own food for a while-good job I luv the taste of Kangaroo! but the reality of staying in Blighty is to bleak to consider..once again Good Luck we all know the pain you've gone through to get this far.

Forbes & Jane

Guest nikkidel
We only paid £2200 for 4 of us we went through Hoodaki, manchester to Perth flying with singapore airlines xx

http://www.hoodaki.com

I just took a quick look at their website,and saw they do a flight (with China Airlines - no idea what they're like) from Heathrow to Brisbane for £473 one way. That's pretty good.

Their website is very misleading they advertise one price you phone up and they try and upsell you because they quite obviously don't have the flights in the first place, it sounded like a dodgy bucket shop in India, China Air are basically like Ryan Air but very old ropey planes that don't always stay in the sky !

Guest nikkidel
Their website is very misleading they advertise one price you phone up and they try and upsell you because they quite obviously don't have the flights in the first place, it sounded like a dodgy bucket shop in India, China Air are basically like Ryan Air but very old ropey planes that don't always stay in the sky !

Eep! :eek: Glad we're going with Emirates then! Worth the extra money.