Got visa not enough funds to validate

murky

Guest guest37336

What's the old saying folks, never discuss politics, religion or money amongst friends (even cyber ones).

Trouble is PIO wouldn't exist if these subjects weren't debated, BUT.

Can we try and maintain a sense of balance and decorum here, no personal insult's if at all possible. The OP stated that they were doing all they could to migrate, lets try and pull together and try our best to help them please.:wubclub:

Cheers Tony.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the old saying folks, never discuss politics, religion or money amongst friends (even cyber ones).

Trouble is PIO wouldn't exist if these subjects weren't debated, BUT.

Can we try and maintain a sense of balance and decorum here, no personal insult's if at all possible. The OP stated that they were doing all they could to migrate, lets try and pull together and try our best to help them please.:wubclub:

Cheers Tony.

Hi All

I am sorry for my little outburst and wouldnt normally call anyone for they're opinions but I am just a little tense at the moment. It's tough for most people on their quest to get to oz these days having their money pot drained from the start. We all try with the forward planning but sometimes things happen beyond our control and it's frustrating to hear someone seemingly jump on a thread with comments to purposely wind us up.

So if it's not constructive criticism please don't say it

Mrs Murky

Guest guest37336
Hi All

I am sorry for my little outburst and wouldnt normally call anyone for they're opinions but I am just a little tense at the moment. It's tough for most people on their quest to get to oz these days having their money pot drained from the start. We all try with the forward planning but sometimes things happen beyond our control and it's frustrating to hear someone seemingly jump on a thread with comments to purposely wind us up.

So if it's not constructive criticism please don't say it

Mrs Murky

No worries Murky.

Just didn't want your OP getting lost in a mire of unhelpful posts is all, hopefully it will get back on track and see what resolutions we can come to for you.:yes:

Cheers Tony.

Hi all

I have been on the Internet comparison sites for cheap flight costs and the cheapest one so far for a family of four adults is £3752 :arghh: oh my god they are way out on those sites obviously just a ploy to get you to phone them and the calls cost a fortune. Any ideas anyone please?

Mrs Murky

Hi all

I have been on the Internet comparison sites for cheap flight costs and the cheapest one so far for a family of four adults is £3752 :arghh: oh my god they are way out on those sites obviously just a ploy to get you to phone them and the calls cost a fortune. Any ideas anyone please?

Mrs Murky

I seriously couldn't get prices anywhere near as cheap as booking directly with Singapore Airlines - all the comparison sites were way way way more expensive - first I checked direct with airlines (its £1200 for two of us one way to Adelaide from Heathrow next Feb) SIA, Qantas, Malayair and so on, then remembered the comparision sites, so tried those and they were all more than the £1200.

Other people can probably find a better price I'm sure, but I certainly couldn't. The best any travel agent I went to could do was £900 per flight, so at least £1800. So don't dismiss checking direct with the airlines as well (I still can't believe that the supposedly very very good SIA was the cheapest!) :)

Which city are you flying to and for how long?

Southall travel are advertising flights to Melbourne for 698 on Etihad, but not sure of availability.

Hi baby pom

I tried Southall travel they seemed just as expensive as the rest as the flights were all from London and we hope to travel from Manchester to anywhere in oz that's the cheapest in such a short space of time. We have to be there before the 30th Sept.

Mrs murky

Hi baby pom

I tried Southall travel they seemed just as expensive as the rest as the flights were all from London and we hope to travel from Manchester to anywhere in oz that's the cheapest in such a short space of time. We have to be there before the 30th Sept.

Mrs murky

What about a cheap flight to Europe and going from there as there taxes are lower than ours?

Cruxton travel have lowest to perth for 598 give them a call and it is a normal number and they can call back too

Hi baby pom

Mrs murky

Sorry about your stressful situation, murky, and wish I could help out. The only thing I can suggest is that I seem to recall Gollywobbler saying on PIO that if you only need to go to Oz to validate, then you can just fly there; catch a cab straight to the DIAC office (or wherever you need to go to do the validating); and then catch a cab straight back to the airport to wait for your return flight to the UK. You can have your lunch/dinner/snacks at the airport restaurant/coffee shop.

I know that's not much help, when your real problem is finding the fare money, but if you could just get the money together for the four of you to fly out there and back, you'll at least have got your visas locked in and will have quite a bit of time to get some savings under your belts before you need to get back out to Oz to start your new life there.

I'm also hoping that, once you decide which part of Oz you're validating in, someone on PIO will offer to come to the airport to meet you and take you to where you need to go to validate, and if they can't put you up for a while to let you get the feel of the place, could take you back to the airport for your return flight. That way, it will all have only cost you your fare money.

I know it's still a lot to find, when money's so tight, but in a case like this, that Visa is as precious as gold-dust and you don't want to regret not having pulled out all stops to get it! The chance might not come again.

And think what a great story that would be for the great grandkids, when you're in your rocking chair??!!

I wish you well.

Sorry about your stressful situation, murky, and wish I could help out. The only thing I can suggest is that I seem to recall Gollywobbler saying on PIO that if you only need to go to Oz to validate, then you can just fly there; catch a cab straight to the DIAC office (or wherever you need to go to do the validating); and then catch a cab straight back to the airport to wait for your return flight to the UK. You can have your lunch/dinner/snacks at the airport restaurant/coffee shop.

I know that's not much help, when your real problem is finding the fare money, but if you could just get the money together for the four of you to fly out there and back, you'll at least have got your visas locked in and will have quite a bit of time to get some savings under your belts before you need to get back out to Oz to start your new life there.

I'm also hoping that, once you decide which part of Oz you're validating in, someone on PIO will offer to come to the airport to meet you and take you to where you need to go to validate, and if they can't put you up for a while to let you get the feel of the place, could take you back to the airport for your return flight. That way, it will all have only cost you your fare money.

I know it's still a lot to find, when money's so tight, but in a case like this, that Visa is as precious as gold-dust and you don't want to regret not having pulled out all stops to get it! The chance might not come again.

And think what a great story that would be for the great grandkids, when you're in your rocking chair??!!

I wish you well.

If I lived in Oz and was within driving distance of the airport, I'd come and pick you and the family up and take you to validate your precious visa. Try not to give up, mrs murky!

Emirates have flights for 3579 for 4 adults (Manchester to Perth). Still not cheap but seems to be the best price available.

Outbound flights are 25th, 26th or 27th September, return flights seem to be any day during first couple of weeks in October.

These are available to book direct from Emirates website. You maybe able to get it slightly cheaper via a travel agent, but not always the case.

Hope this helps.

Guest famousfive

What a horrible situation to be in,but don't despair.......you will make it,you just have to think outside the box and possibly put pride aside for a wee bit and ask for help from all and sundry.

Some suggestions to get some money together......sell some stuff on ebay or have a car boot sale,any big items you could do without?Extra TV,computer,second car,bicycles,furniture etc for example.

Any friends or family you could borrow money off?Anyone have a credit card you could use to pay part of the flights and pay it off?

Could you get a small loan or credit card....even if it only pays for one flight it would help.

Take in some ironing,do a paper or catalogue delivery,get a pot wolloping job in the evenings for a week or two,babysit.......anything that earns a pound or two is worth it.

If you have to fly in and do a quick turnaround back home again then that's what you need to do,better than losing the visa.

If you are only a wee bit short then swallow your pride and ask family or friends if they could all lend you a hundred quid each maybe.

What it boils down to I suppose is this.......don't leave any stone unturned,you will find a way if you want it bad enough.

All the best.

Forgot to add......if you are flexible with any date just before the 30th then look at standby fares,you often get a great bargin.Charter flights are also a good option,again on standby for seats on flights returning empty after a charter.My hubbie flew on a KLM charter fare once and it was a third of the cost of my JAL flight.

I went over to Oz one way, I found it cheaper to get flight to singapore then I flew Tiger Airways to Darwin. (it was a few years ago now and they dont do the darwin flight anymore.)

I had a look at Qantas, Tiger airways, it would end up being about 325 Ret. Add that on to flight from Man to Sing, would work out slightly more expensive as booking all one flight, and alot of hassel. (KLM £608 Man to Sin).

On Expedia Emirates are cheapest £919.

I dont know if you are signed up to Quidco - its a cash back website, Ive gotten back nearly £400 since signing up last June.

http://www.quidco.com/emirates/

You can get 1.25% cash back, and 3% off online flight bookings until 30 Sept.

If you sign up, go to emirates bit on site, click on link with voucher code, it will open new page direct to emirates site. Use code.

3% would be saving of about £100, and about £35 cash back later paid in to your account.

Would be about £3487 for the 4 of you.

Dont know if this helps as I know you are struggling to get the money together in time.

I really hope you can get something sorted in time.

Just googled cheap flights very quickly. cheapflights.co.uk have adult return tickets including taxes from heathrow to darwin for 765GBP, as opposed to BA's 1300-ish to Sydney.

Also look at getting flights to somewhere in SE asia, and cheap flight to Darwin from there. Might be worth a trip to STA travel to see what they can come up with, they're used to getting cheap deals for backpackers.

:idea: Hoodaki.com - Air India - Lon to Brisbane - one way - £475 :smile: ...... Get booking people...... :wink: :biggrin:

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your replies again. Myself and hubby are pulling out all the stops today to try to gather cash from wherever we can our pride has now gone out of the window and we are both ringing all numbers on sites that you have given us. I don't think there will be much work going on today just sneaky looks on the Internet and furtive phone calls.

I will let you know how it goes later.

Mrs. Murky

Just thought I had found flights for you for £454 got so excited then found that did not included Tax Shame on you website

http://www.dealchecker.co.uk/real-deals/lightbox-signup/9910.html

If you would like to book the flight you have selected, please check the details below and then

Call us on: 0208 782 4488

spacer_main.gifYour flight details are as follows:Our agency details are as follows:Departing From:LONDONVia:GATEWAYDestination Airport:PERTHAirline:BRITISH AIRWAYSValid From / To:11/08/2011 / 30/11/2011Min / Max Stay:0D-1Y Fare Type:Return FlightClass:Y/O Price:£454.00(Approx) Airport Tax:£ 383.00Fare Updated:30Jun11Travel Agent:WorldWideFlights.comAddress:Alperton HouseBridgeWater RoadAlperton, WembleyPost Code:HA0 1EHTelephone:0208 782 4488Fax:0871 855 4457Web Site Address:www.worldwideflights.comOpening Hours:Mon - Fri:08:00 - 23:00 Sat:09:00 - 18:00 Sun:10:00 - 19:00

I dont think I have posted any thing I shouldn't of, but if I have sorry