How long to find a rental in Melbourne?

Guest nikola27

Guest nikola27

Hi all, Could you tell me time frames from arriving in Melbourne to finding long term accomm? We'd like to know how long we need S/T accomm for upon arrival. Our company have booked us two weeks and we'd like to know how much more we would need approximately.

Thanks!

Difficult one to answer, Melbourne is vast and as big as Greater London so you need to have specifics.

If its beach and CBD commute you could look at suburbs on the Frankston, and Sandringham train lines. If money is no problem then Williamstown is a good place to live.

Realestate.com.au, domain.com.au for housing

http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/ will give you the transport in Melbourne and areas that are close to the routes.

Not sure if you are the poster who mentioned horse riding, if so Mornington Peninsula, Mornington, Mount Martha area or where I live as I live in the midst of horsey country. Beaches also available, along with cricket and tennis and any other sport that you can think of. Problem, further out of the city and at least an hour commute. Nice housing options though.

Have a read through the Victoria forum, both sections and you will find a lot of information about suburbs I have not mentioned but you may be interested in.

Good luck.

Guest LainyBrady

Hey there :-)

When we arrive we had holiday appartments in St Kilda for 2 weeks - it took us 10 days to find our rental - there are lots of 'available now' places about... we did run around llike mad people checking out suburbs and houses all over the place though ha ha ha ha :-)