Young couple just moved to Brisbane

Guest MhairiStephen

Guest MhairiStephen

Hello all,

My boyfriend (25) and I (24) moved to Brisbane from Edinburgh at the end of August and are looking to meet new people. We are used to having a big circle of friends, are very social and would love to get out and about in the Brisbane area.

My boyfriend has already started work, while I am currently looking. Would be great to meet up with someone in a similar situation as job hunting sucks, :jiggy:

Look forward to hearing from y'all.

Mhairi and Stephen

Guest MhairiStephen
My partner and I are hoping to be in Brisbane shortly (moving from Glasgow). We're currently waiting on 457 visa being approved... but once we're out there it would be good to meet up with another couple in the same boat. Although I'll be working and Graham will be job hunting!

Julie

x

Hi Julie,

That's great. How far through the 457 process are you? ours took about 1 month to come through. speak soon :smile: xx

Hi Julie,

That's great. How far through the 457 process are you? ours took about 1 month to come through. speak soon :smile: xx

Despite being offered the job back in March and sending in all the info, the application was only just submitted by Aus company during the last week! Just need to send the evidence of defacto relationship and hopefully we'll be on our way! xx

Guest mitchscotland

hi folks Suzie and myself (david) are moving to Brisbane in October. We love to hear from you, about what its like etc. I have a job and transferring with my company. We are from Stockbridge in Edinburgh

thanks

David & Suzie

Hiya, my husband and I just arrived as well at the beginning of september. Whereabouts in Brisbane are you? I have been offered a job but my husband is still looking, we're just on a working holiday visa which makes it harder but hoping to extend to a 4 year visa soon. Would be great to meet up sometime. Kirsty & Mike x :cool:

Hi,

My partner (28) and i (29) moved to Brisbane at the end of July and have been/and probably still are in the same situation as you.

My partner had a job all ready lined up and i am currently looking for work. I have signed up with some good recruitment agencies (Robert Walters and Russo have been good to me) and I'm currently working a temp assignment for a couple of weeks.

We have been fortunate enough to meet a few nice couples using this site, Living in Queensland. I know how daunting it can be searching the internet for friends but it has definately worked out well for us. (despite friends back home warning me against meeting alone as i was bound to meet an axe murderer!lol)

If anyone would like to catch up, go for a coffee (or a beer), plan a night out, drop me a line.

Kerri x

Guest MhairiStephen

Hello Paul,

good luck with your move. Give us a shout when your here and we can arrange a meet. What do you and your Fiancée do?

Do you know where you are going to be living yet?

thanks,

Mhairi & Stephen x

Guest MhairiStephen
hi folks Suzie and myself (david) are moving to Brisbane in October. We love to hear from you, about what its like etc. I have a job and transferring with my company. We are from Stockbridge in Edinburgh

thanks

David & Suzie

Hi David & Suzie,

Brisbane is BRILLIANT! We moved here on Stephen's 457 visa, so he had a job and I had to look. What company do you work for? Do you know where you will be living yet? Be great to meet when you get settled.

Thanks,

Mhairi & Stephen x

Guest MhairiStephen
Hiya, my husband and I just arrived as well at the beginning of september. Whereabouts in Brisbane are you? I have been offered a job but my husband is still looking, we're just on a working holiday visa which makes it harder but hoping to extend to a 4 year visa soon. Would be great to meet up sometime. Kirsty & Mike x :cool:

Hello Kirsty & Mike,

We live in Spring Hill in the CBD, what about yourselves? What do you and your husband do? Would be great to meet. Thanks,

Mhairi & Stephen x

Guest MhairiStephen
Hi,

My partner (28) and i (29) moved to Brisbane at the end of July and have been/and probably still are in the same situation as you.

My partner had a job all ready lined up and i am currently looking for work. I have signed up with some good recruitment agencies (Robert Walters and Russo have been good to me) and I'm currently working a temp assignment for a couple of weeks.

We have been fortunate enough to meet a few nice couples using this site, Living in Queensland and the brisbannites facebook page. I know how daunting it can be searching the internet for friends but it has definately worked out well for us. (despite friends back home warning me against meeting alone as i was bound to meet an axe murderer!lol)

If anyone would like to catch up, go for a coffee (or a beer), plan a night out, drop me a line.

Kerri x

Hi Kerri,

thanks for the message.

Where about are you and your partner living?

What do you work as?

Thanks for advice,

Thanks,

Mhairi & Stephen x

Guest Jenny1980

Hello

My husband (31) and I (30) arrived in Brisbane middle of August and we're still finding our feet. Hubby has a job and but I'm still looking/taking my time so have a lot of time during the day. Drop me a message if you want to meet up for coffee, lunch etc during the week or weekend.

X

Hello everyone

I’ve been reading back over this thread and we all seem to be in a similar position – young couples either new to Brisbane or soon to arrive!

How about we all arrange a good time to meet up together somewhere – and this can be in a few weeks time when everyone here has arrived and stuff?

Maybe like drinks in the city at the end of October or something similar when we’re all about?

What does everyone think? J

Low

Yes, good idea!

Well, I'm thinking Friday and Saturday evenings might be best! And - stop me if I’m being a bit chavy - I was thinking maybe somewhere like the Pig N Whistle pub on 123 Eagle Street in the CBD? Its reasonably cheap, lots going on, by the river, central location if we wanted to go somewhere else after, food if we want it etc...

As for dates the last two weekends of October are: 21st, 22nd and 28th, 29th and the first weekend in November is 4th & 5th! Or we could hold on a bit longer if Proverbialpaul wants to bring his OH along when she arrives?

What does everyone think?

Yes, good idea!

Well, I'm thinking Friday and Saturday evenings might be best! And - stop me if I’m being a bit chavy - I was thinking maybe somewhere like the Pig N Whistle pub on 123 Eagle Street in the CBD? Its reasonably cheap, lots going on, by the river, central location if we wanted to go somewhere else after, food if we want it etc...

As for dates the last two weekends of October are: 21st, 22nd and 28th, 29th and the first weekend in November is 4th & 5th! Or we could hold on a bit longer if Proverbialpaul wants to bring his OH along when she arrives?

What does everyone think?

Hi Lowri, I think that's a fantastic idea. Let me know a date and I will make sure we're not working! Any of those dates sound good to me!

Kirsty x

Ok, well I'm thinking 8pm at the Pig N Whistle in the CBD on 22nd October!!

I shall wait to see if we get some more interest as well - hopefully a few of us can make it!

Hello Paul,

good luck with your move. Give us a shout when your here and we can arrange a meet. What do you and your Fiancée do?

Do you know where you are going to be living yet?

thanks,

Mhairi & Stephen x

Hey Mhairi

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I was in the middle of moving over here. Into my fourth day now and it is sweet! Weather is awesome! I'm a BMWtechnician and my fiancee (also Mhairi) is a beauty therapist. I got a job at Westsie BMW and I am staying just down the road in Sumner. She doesn't come out until December :(

Are you & Stephen going to the meet on 22nd October?