Guest Andy

How would you manage without your mobile?

Guest Andy

Evening,

i was thinking about this and how reliant we all are on our mobiles, wherever you go folk are chatting away or texting like mad or playing games on them. I personally really only use my phone for work, i did have an iphone but it lasted 5 minutes as they are not great in my line of business :eek:. Anyway how did we all manage before they came along and how would you manage if yours were taken away? :unsure:

Guest jtrd

I remember my first mobile, heavy as a brick, hard arial that screwed into the top and did nothing but made calls .... ahhh my Nokia.

I now have a phone that I rarely use for calls but use it as a calender, mini computer, social updater, camera, games centre, etc. etc ...

Could I live without it, yep probably

Would I want to, umm NO :wink:

I use my for everything....except a phone. I probably make one call a day but check email, use GPS, shop, check the PIO forums :biggrin:, take pictures and watch vids on it constantly. It's really like a little laptop for me. Good thing I have unlimited data!

I have a BB and pretty much use it for everything BUT phone calls (i'm a texter not talker). And with the added bonus of BBMing someone for free, why use up my allowance on calling?

I do not think i could like without my phone, if i go to work/college without it i feel totally lost.

Trying to get to Aus since 2008. Finally the end is in sight and we are starting to really plan.

Hubby, Paramedic.

Me, Adult Nursing student starting Sept 2018. 

I can't stand the things. I lost one recently and couldn't be arsed to replace it....eventually I got nagged into submission

My Brain Hurts!

Mine goes everywhere with me even the toilet and bed. I can now leave the house without makeup but not my mobile

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest spadgersdad

The one thing I wouldn't miss if I lost my phone is the text that comes every day saying

"Mum where are you?" It drives me crackers!!!!!!!!!!!

Never had one and don't intend to buy one. I've always had enough respect for other people to arrive on time for meetings and expect the same from them. People can call me on my landline, send me an email, write me a letter, or knock on my door. I'm only a sleeping partner in my business so don't need it for work, but socially, I find it easy to live without one. When I'm out the house I'm a free man.

Oh my I could never even think about not having my mobile ...I use it for everything ...to talk to tx ...the internet ...work ...I too take myne everywere ....it sleeps on the bedside table ...lol....How did we manage without them ....I do agree the kids can get hold of you far to easily but hey cant have everything !

Guest sh7t man no way

hate mobiles andy--more excuses not to meet people face to face:no:there to much technology now--before mobiles i had a great deal of freedom--once i got one it wuz none stop harassment from clients,and people i did not want to talk 2

Guest guest37336

Must admit Andy that I use mine a fair amount, but at the same time, hate the bloody thing as I can never get away from all and sundry, love/hate relationship with me mate.:notworthy::mad:

But I must admit now that my two Herbert's are beginning to fly the nest (driving, :shocked::no: etc) I have found them invaluable for keeping 'tabs' on them, and every 30 minutes I will be texting the older one as to where she is,:shocked::policeman:

And also you never know where the next social uprising/revolution will be mate, :SLEEP::SLEEP:, so a mobile is invaluable to be in the right place at the right time.:embarrassed::biglaugh::policeman:

Cheers Tony.

Would you believe it, after readin g this thread I had a dream (well nightmare) that I'd lost my mobile.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Mine goes everywhere with me even the toilet and bed. I can now leave the house without makeup but not my mobile

I am the same!!! I feel lost without it!! It is like a mini computer at times!

Love

Rudi

x

hate mobiles andy--more excuses not to meet people face to face:no:

Actually pretty much the only thing I use my mobile for is to arrange face to face meetings with people. And as of only recently as a calendar too.

I am one of those people who had their first mobile quite late in life. I got my very first mobile - a TESCO offer for £30 with £10 top-up included - in 2007. And I still have this mobile!

Yes I can easily live without a mobile, however, I do like having one to be reachable for my parents and my partner. We don't have a landline in our flat, so in case the internet is not working and I am not able to doing LiveMessenger with my parents I can at least be called per mobile.

And as we both rarely use our mobiles we only use pay-as-you-go.