Interviews for Aus jobs in the UK

kasper5

I am hoping to work for 6 months in a hotel or pub next year. Ideally I would want to secure the job before I flew out there. I would only be able to work for 6 months but with the exchange rate now it would be well worth it.

Does anyone know if agencies or companies will hire temps with Skype interviews or video conferencing? This would save risky one way trips with no guarantee of a job. I will have health insurance and visa already in place from my first Aus trip so itll be a simple case of flying out there.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Kasper are you looking at coming out on a WHV?

Personally I would wait until you get here as there are already lots of backpackers in the country who can start immediately if required. Good luck.

Kate

I am sorry to say but I think it's unlikely you will be able to secure a job before you are in the country just because of the fact that these jobs come up very suddenly and you might need to start immediately.

Apart from that being in Melbourne on a 457 I myself find it very hard in general to even get an interview appointment. Even for the most stupid jobs on the planet you need "Australia work experience", at least this is how I understood the matter. That really sucks, and I think the UK job market is much friendlier to foreigners who are looking for work (I am German and easily got a job in London without having any UK work experience a couple of years ago).

Good luck anyway.:wubclub: