WA SMP! We're on it! Cat 5 to cat 3??

Guest garynhelen

Guest garynhelen

I can't quite believe this! I keep reading and re reading his page :unsure:

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/SKILLEDMIGRATION/Pages/Occupationsindemand.aspx

and it clearly shows 'welfare worker' is on WA SMP and is AVAILABLE! Am I dreaming?

So this potentially means we can apply for SS and be moved from Cat 5 to cat 3?!!:jiggy:

Somebody pinch me please!

Thanks! I believe we do! Just looking into it now.

I'm also wondering how long it is currently taking to process state sponsorship with WA?

Congrats on being on the list, I'm now off the list but thankfully have the SS already ! :biggrin:

Take a look at the 176 July or August gang timelines to see but should be 4 weeks maximum hopefully, mine took 5 days but that was pre 1st July !

Good luck :wink:

Guest majorie c
I can't quite believe this! I keep reading and re reading his page :unsure:

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/SKILLEDMIGRATION/Pages/Occupationsindemand.aspx

and it clearly shows 'welfare worker' is on WA SMP and is AVAILABLE! Am I dreaming?

So this potentially means we can apply for SS and be moved from Cat 5 to cat 3?!!:jiggy:

Somebody pinch me please![/quote

Me too... Hairdresser on the list!!!! Cant believe it , right?

Guest garynhelen

Thanks everyone, but after my initial elation, I realised out IELTS and Skills assesment are now over 2 years old :frown: so no longer valid!

It was a nightmare to get the skills assessment done in the first place and OH has hit the roof and refuses to do them again and pay more money out! I wonder how strict WA are about the dates on these certificates? They are obviously the same ones we have attached to our visa application!

Thanks everyone, but after my initial elation, I realised out IELTS and Skills assesment are now over 2 years old :frown: so no longer valid!

It was a nightmare to get the skills assessment done in the first place and OH has hit the roof and refuses to do them again and pay more money out! I wonder how strict WA are about the dates on these certificates? They are obviously the same ones we have attached to our visa application!

All you can do is email them and ask as I can't see anywhere on their site stating it has to be within so many years ?

Justin:wink:

P.S. WA give you 6.0 IELTS for having a UK passport, not sure what you need for your profession

Guest garynhelen

I've e mailed them now. Also pointed out our SS application in 2009 for an off list nomination that was declined because welfare worker was only in regional demand at the time.

Surely the certificates used in original visa application can be taken into account for State Sponsorship?

We have applied for 176 family sponsored and I tried to tag on state sponsorship after the 1st July 2011 and we were told that they changed the rules for current applicants that you would have to pay for a whole new application if you wanted to get state sponsored so it would cost another £3k :-( I dont have that kind of money spare unfortunately.

Good luck :-)

I've e mailed them now. Also pointed out our SS application in 2009 for an off list nomination that was declined because welfare worker was only in regional demand at the time.

Surely the certificates used in original visa application can be taken into account for State Sponsorship?

Good luck hope it all works out :biggrin:

Tania

Guest garynhelen
We have applied for 176 family sponsored and I tried to tag on state sponsorship after the 1st July 2011 and we were told that they changed the rules for current applicants that you would have to pay for a whole new application if you wanted to get state sponsored so it would cost another £3k :-( I dont have that kind of money spare unfortunately.

Really?

Well that would definitely put us off too!:arghh:

Guest garynhelen

Check the info you got on this. I just read the following on WA's website which indicates that if you applied for your visa BEFORE 1/07/10 then you can have your visa switched to state sponsored without having to re lodge it.

Q: Can I obtain priority processing with State sponsorship if I have already applied for an Independent Skilled visa or I have been sponsored by a family member?

A:

Applications for permanent visas lodged before 1/7/2010

Yes. Applicants who applied for either a skilled (Residence) or skilled (Migrant) visa (subclasses 175, 176, 885 and 886) before 1 July 2010 are able to seek State sponsorship and have their application assessed on the basis of having State sponsorship.

Applications for permanent visas lodged on or after 1/7/2010

No. Applicants who applied for either a Skilled (Residence) or Skilled (Migrant) visa (subclasses 175, 176, 885, 886) on or after 1 July 2010 as either an independent or family sponsored applicant cannot be assessed using a State or territory nomination under a plan. This is because it is a legislative requirement for applicants applying from 1 July 2010 to have obtained a nomination prior to lodging the visa application.

Well found, that sounds like great news and thanks for sharing - I shall tell our agent. I dont know about anyone else but i always feel like I am feeding the agent information - should it not be the other way round??? :wacko:

All sounds like things are moving in the right direction for you :smile:

Guest garynhelen
Well found, that sounds like great news and thanks for sharing - I shall tell our agent. I dont know about anyone else but i always feel like I am feeding the agent information - should it not be the other way round??? :wacko:

It's really bad that your agent mislead you in this! We haven't used an agent, and at times we've wondered if it was the right decision!

Also, just found this SMP fact sheet which seems to confirm my previous post.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/statmig-fs.pdf

So, really you should be in cat 3 too! Which means getting your visa really soon :yes:

Give your agent a hard time on this!!

I also felt the same as I would provide my agent with information.

Check the info you got on this. I just read the following on WA's website which indicates that if you applied for your visa BEFORE 1/07/10 then you can have your visa switched to state sponsored without having to re lodge it.

Q: Can I obtain priority processing with State sponsorship if I have already applied for an Independent Skilled visa or I have been sponsored by a family member?

A:

Applications for permanent visas lodged before 1/7/2010

Yes. Applicants who applied for either a skilled (Residence) or skilled (Migrant) visa (subclasses 175, 176, 885 and 886) before 1 July 2010 are able to seek State sponsorship and have their application assessed on the basis of having State sponsorship.

Applications for permanent visas lodged on or after 1/7/2010

No. Applicants who applied for either a Skilled (Residence) or Skilled (Migrant) visa (subclasses 175, 176, 885, 886) on or after 1 July 2010 as either an independent or family sponsored applicant cannot be assessed using a State or territory nomination under a plan. This is because it is a legislative requirement for applicants applying from 1 July 2010 to have obtained a nomination prior to lodging the visa application.

This is what I was told by my agent when he said that we could apply to another state but we wanted to hold on as we wanted to be in QLD.