Primary schools Northern Beaches - help?

Guest Deedaconn

Guest Deedaconn

Hi, my husband and I are planning to move to Sydney from UK in November with our 4 kids: 7, 5, 3 and 1. We're hoping to rent somewhere in Avalon but I don't know anything about schools there. Can anyone help?

Thank you

D

Guest shusselmann

Hi,

I don't have first-hand experience but recently heard good things about Bilgola Plateau Public School. Also agree with what Cal says, I'm always hearing good things about Northern Beaches Public Schools...

Good luck with your planning.

Guest Deedaconn
Hi,

we're hoping to head the same way too, about the same time, my kids are 8 and 5, I heard most schools on the northern beaches are good, what are you going for, state, catholic or private

Cal

Hi Cal, keep in touch then if you're heading out at the same time. It'd be good to have someone to play with. I think we'll have to stick with State as with 4 kids I think Private may be too costly. I've had a cursory look at the Catholic school but it looked almost too small if you know what I mean.

I have 2 boys (7 & 5) and 2 girls, what are your 8 and 5 yr olds?

D

Guest Advice on northern Beache

Hi Guys

All the Northern Beaches schools are good .Some very near the coast for example Harbord are big schools ( 800+) and others slightly inland in the Frenchs Forest areas smaller ( 400) Bear in mind that many Public ( State) schools do enforce a catchment area and so you will have to rent or buy in that zone.many of the clients I take out to visit schools find this very difficult. I suggest you try to see the schools if you can.

Also bear in mind that if you are on a 457 visa you will have to pay 4,500 per child per year for a State school.Because of this some families do decide to look into Catholic schools which have a lower fee and discounts for siblings....other families consider private schools .You should are your employer if they are going to meet these costs

Guest Deedaconn

Thank you for info. Luckily my eldest (7) was born in Sydney and holds an Australian passport so we won't have to pay fees for him. I think I'll have to wait until I'm there before deciding which school, however the Bilgola Plateau school looks great but like you say it's finding somewhere to rent/buy within catchment will be the tricky bit.

D

• 1 month later...
Guest Advice on northern Beache
Thank you for info. Luckily my eldest (7) was born in Sydney and holds an Australian passport so we won't have to pay fees for him. I think I'll have to wait until I'm there before deciding which school, however the Bilgola Plateau school looks great but like you say it's finding somewhere to rent/buy within catchment will be the tricky bit.

D

well look up northern beaches relocation and see what you find!

lesley