Hard to Find A Job In The Gold Coast

Guest MikeywOw

Guest MikeywOw

Hi guys I recently lost my job as an admin (Company went bankcurrpt) I've been looking for a new job but no one seems to be interested in me. I have a lot of experience in admin and customer service I have worked with big company back home but it seems soo hard to find anything

I'm currently on a WHV but I put my application for my partner visa in about 4 weeks ago

Can anyone give me advise or help

thanks in adv

Guest SupportPants

Can you move to a different town? From what I hear work on the Gold Coast is tough to come by. If that's the case and you can up sticks try Mackay or Gladstone - I hear they are booming and work is easy to find. I'm afraid its very much a two tier economy - mining is doing well and has a knock on effect to local towns but many of the tourist areas are really 'doing it hard'.

Guest spadgersdad

Hi

Have you not tried closer to the CBD? Probably more opportunity in Admin.

Take a look at Seek.com and Careers one and register your resume with them, hopefully something will come your way soon.

Good Luck

• 2 months later...
Guest Monsoon7

Hi Mikey, looks like I'm in the same boat as you. On the Gold Coast as my partner is from here (and wants to remain here) but haven't had any luck as far as work goes :( have you found anything since you wrote this thread? I've tried just about everything so far but no luck! Cool anyway let me know...

Hi guys I recently lost my job as an admin (Company went bankcurrpt) I've been looking for a new job but no one seems to be interested in me. I have a lot of experience in admin and customer service I have worked with big company back home but it seems soo hard to find anything

I'm currently on a WHV but I put my application for my partner visa in about 4 weeks ago

Can anyone give me advise or help

thanks in adv

Any help, Qld govt?

http://jobs.qld.gov.au/search/orglist.asp

Cheers, Bobj.

Think outside the box. I know it's hard when you're trained in one area, worked in it for a length of time and some prat like me tells you to change direction, but I've known it work for many PIO members....................and very successfully, both job satisfaction wise and salary wise.

sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do to survive.

Guest MikeywOw

Hi guy since posting i found a job in dicksmith in robina town centre it was a new store l

Been there for 2 months and lovin it

I really wanted to be around technology

My advice keep applying you will get a job