Guest NSNO

Perth cost of living

Guest NSNO

Hi I have just been offered a position in Perth on 35 AUS dollars per hour and was wondering if this is enough for a decent standard of living in Perth.

I am single with no dependents and as I am fairly young would like to live somewhere central and be able to go out a few nights a week, is this feasible on this wage as I know that a pint of beer in Perth is around about £6.50?

Thanks in advance

Hi welcome to the forum and congratulations on the job offer. Have you had a look at our sister forum http://www.perthpoms.com

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Hi NSNO, My son is in Karratha near top end of WA, he is on $32.50 per hour, he has worked for about 5 weeks and managed to save $6k, he said it is one of the most expensive places to live as everything is shipped in but he is doing fine, still managing the nights out also. Hope this helps.

TRA 04/3/11. Pass 21/3. Practical 11/4. Pass 3/5. SS 03/05. SS Grant 20/5. Visa Lodged 21/5. CO 16/06. PCC 25/06.Meds 29/07. VISA GRANTED 4/08/11 :wink:.

Guest AlandLucy

$35/hour will get you something like $65000 a year (assuming normal working week etc), take home for that is just shy of $2000/fortnight. You should be fine :)

Guest toffee
Hi NSNO, My son is in Karratha near top end of WA, he is on $32.50 per hour, he has worked for about 5 weeks and managed to save $6k, he said it is one of the most expensive places to live as everything is shipped in but he is doing fine, still managing the nights out also. Hope this helps.

Just guessing but is he working 12 hour days, plus allowances, plus accommodation, plus food in a camp?

Karratha really is a different world.

Hi toffee, no he is labouring for a company cannot remember name. He is living on a camp site and buying his own food, I think he is working long hours though, but he said not much else to do there. I think he is trying to get his regional done uo there while it's such good money.

TRA 04/3/11. Pass 21/3. Practical 11/4. Pass 3/5. SS 03/05. SS Grant 20/5. Visa Lodged 21/5. CO 16/06. PCC 25/06.Meds 29/07. VISA GRANTED 4/08/11 :wink:.