Australian Credit Card

BENS0N

Hi guys,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum or if I am asking a daft question. Currently my australian gf is living in the Uk but has a credit card in australia. I have just fund out that she has just been paying the minimum per month and now the debt has doubled to around $5k.

Is it possible to pay the full amount off by using a Uk credit card (so that i can get 0% interest free for 15 months) and pay the debt off here without paying the ridiculous interest charges? or do they frown upon payment from another country?

As we are planning to emigrate in a years time is it possible for me to apply for an australian CC with a reduced rate and pay off the debt from that? (if so how would i go about applying).

Could she apply for a new card from here using her payslips here and then pay off this CC?

Is this possible as the Uk CC would be under my name and the Aus card under hers?

Would i get charged a conversion rate on my card and the Aus CC or just one or neither?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers for your help in advance

Benson

• 2 weeks later...