1120pm & walking down to The Triple Aces to watch Spurs away to Wolves

MARYROSE02

15 minute walk but some of the guys have been there since 10pm - KO at midnight. Thought about taking my car so I won't have a beer - not wanting to repeat last night - but it's lazy to get it out of the garage to drive 2km.

Oh well, I guess all around OZ other guys (and a few girls) are going out (or staying in) to watch their games - Man U on at 2.30am the only uncivilized time.

Seem to recall a lady going to Perth worrying about her hubbie having to go 'cold turkey' and give up his footie? Well, no probs as far as EPL & SPL go and sports bars are everywhere. Recommend he gets into Aussie sports too plus the A League.

Only two schooners of VB, one in each half. Could have taken my car after all. I walked back up Elizabeth St with Toby who lives in Moore Park & we got a cab on Foveaux St. I gave him my last $2.50 towards the fare.

Safer not to drive though - coming back from North Bondi RSL earlier in the evening ( I just had a coffee there) there was an RBT trap on Oxford St although I did not get stopped.

In the end it was a good night - Spurs won 2-0 - and there was a good crowd turned up too. Funny in a way, the pub could not change the channel on the TV for 5 mins and we had to watch Sunderland v Chelsea!