You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

The Pom Queen

7 Year Olds Taking Knives to School

Just read an article where it says children as young as 7 are taking knives to school in the UK. What's the world coming to, it looks like having your head pushed down the loo or being rolled down the banking is no more.

I can remember before we left for OZ my son had a knife held to his throat on the bus home from school, it was a joke (not in my eyes) but what would have happened if the bus had slammed on.

There use to be a time where a fight was fists and maybe heads, now it's guns and knives:no:

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

i swear its true, right enough it was just about 5 years ago, but my son was in p5 or p6 and he had been having problems with 2 boys in his class, one day whilst walking down to meet me at the end of the day the smallest of the 2 boys who came from an extremely disfunctional home, decided to pull a bread knife on Dylan and threatened to stab him!! I was beyond raging, so i marched dylan back to school, and spoke to the head, and demanded the police were called. They came an hour or so later took a statement from dylan and informed me what would happen. It turned out that social services were involved, the boys parents were a pair of junkies, he was sent from pillar to post, not that excuses his behaviour. I was absolutely astounded that at that age it would even enter his head to carry a knife never mind threaten my son with him. This may sound terrible but the little **** was knocked over that summer and broke his leg so didnt return to school for 3 months, and after that social services removed him, a sad story but as far as i was concerned for my son it was the best outcome.

LIVE.....LAUGH....... DREAM.........LOVE

Sorry to hear that Kelly, we also got the police involved, this child was suppose to be a model pupil, we didn't press charges but insisted he was given a warning.

It's scary for kids growing up these days. I can remember getting in to a fight when I was 14, it was all hair pulling, biting, kicking and nipping.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Sorry it's a bit off the subject, but last weekend my husband and his brothers were out having a quiet drink when then were set on by 5 blokes and their baseball bats!! My husband can't remember much but was found collapsed about 200 yards from where it happened, his two brothers were found in someone's front garden. They all suffered substantial injuries and one of his brothers needed to go to theatre.

Since this has happened I feel sick to the stomach especially as it as happened in the town where we live. I feel more fearful than ever, thinking of my son growing up here. I am just so thankful that the boys are still alive, it could of been so much worse.

Living our dream :biggrin:

Sorry it's a bit off the subject, but last weekend my husband and his brothers were out having a quiet drink when then were set on by 5 blokes and their baseball bats!! My husband can't remember much but was found collapsed about 200 yards from where it happened, his two brothers were found in someone's front garden. They all suffered substantial injuries and one of his brothers needed to go to theatre.

Since this has happened I feel sick to the stomach especially as it as happened in the town where we live. I feel more fearful than ever, thinking of my son growing up here. I am just so thankful that the boys are still alive, it could of been so much worse.

I am so sorry to hear this and thank goodness your OH is ok, hope his brothers are ok and I hope they catch the scum who did it.

When I was in High School everyone carried a pocket knife. In fact, most trucks in the school parking lot had a gun rack and a rifle or two in it. Nobody was ever stabbed or shot. Of course that was a different time and it was (and still is) a rural town. Not saying I agree with it but it was a fact back then (20 years ago).

I've got some crazy stories from Texas. While nobody rides horses into town, it is very much a wild west mentality. Will make some good pub conversation when I get to Sydney.