worry about the dog export

Guest ed champ

Guest ed champ

:unsure: we found out last week that the dog failed one of his blood tests for him being exported, he came back positive for leptospirs canicola @ 1/100. he has now got to have another test on tuesday to see if it has got any lower. if not he will have to have a course of antibiotics to clear the problem, which will delay everything

i was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with exporting their dog :chatterbox:

Guest jogrant3232

My vet has told me that when Max(my dog) has his next boosters, remind him about us emigrating and he will leave one of them off as this certain booster leaves somthing in there blood that causes this to happen.

Guest Colin R

Yes both of our dogs had to have their blood re tested as they showed a positive for Leupto . All that happens is that as the UK vaccinate against this and as a result all dogs show it in their blood. When the next test is done it should remain at the same level or go down a bit. As long as the reading is not up then that is OK. The next test we did on the boys showed OK reading and off they travelled . There is nothing to worry about just more expense with more blood tests!!!!!

Hope everything OK

sally

Guest ontheup
:unsure: we found out last week that the dog failed one of his blood tests for him being exported, he came back positive for leptospirs canicola @ 1/100. he has now got to have another test on tuesday to see if it has got any lower. if not he will have to have a course of antibiotics to clear the problem, which will delay everything

i was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with exporting their dog :chatterbox:

Us too, same problem he was retested wednesday and waiting for the results. I wouldn't worry at all the next level down from 1/100 is nothing!! We stuck ours on antibiotics just in case whilst we waited on the next blood test but only because the beach he gets walked on seems to have a lot of rats. Don't worry your dog will be fine :)

Guest nev_n_angie
Us too, same problem he was retested wednesday and waiting for the results. I wouldn't worry at all the next level down from 1/100 is nothing!! We stuck ours on antibiotics just in case whilst we waited on the next blood test but only because the beach he gets walked on seems to have a lot of rats. Don't worry your dog will be fine :)

Hi

Our dog failed her first bloods - they retested - came back as the same result - she flew the next week and we picked her up from Sydney a couple of weeks ago!!! It took her around 24 hours to settle - all OK now and she's like she's never been gone!!!

Well worth bringing them - although she wont stop eating the bloody moths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ontheup

Just got a phone call with second set of results which were exactly the same as the first 1/100, so thats fine he will now be shipped next week - all I have to do now is get a dam visa!!!:arghh:

Guest ed champ

quick update we had the results back on Friday and they came back the same positive @ 1/100 which means the dog can still go, apparently it can go up to 1/400 and the dog can still go.

That is such a relief, my baby can come to oz with me :smile:

Guest Colin R

Good luck in your new life I hope you will be as happy as we are(and my boys). Still pinch myself everyday as I cant believe how lucky we are to be here. Be Happy

Sally

xx

• 1 month later...

hi there new to the site and the dog issue is my main worry, were waiting to here for our meds, so long way to go. How do the dogs travel , do they cope with the flight etc my main worry is jack our dog wont be to traumatised by it all, rather leave the husband at home than him , if we get in.

When do you start the vaccs etc and bloods, its hard if you dont know if and when your going, but iv'e been told you need to book in to quarintine 6mnths before.

Guest Colin R

Hi

We brought our 2 jack russells and we used Pinehawk Kennels in Newmarket, I sugguest you give Andy a ring on 01223 290249/290778 and ask him about it all he is really helpful and knowledgeable about all aspects of pet shipping to Oz, and what is needed before shipping and he can book your dog into kennels in Melbourne or Sydney and put you in touch with shippers here in Oz if they need to be flown on. All the best, don't hesitate to private e-mail us for any other help we can give.

Colin & Sally

Kingston

Tas

• 1 year later...
Guest sarah&pieman
Hi

We brought our 2 jack russells and we used Pinehawk Kennels in Newmarket, I sugguest you give Andy a ring on 01223 290249/290778 and ask him about it all he is really helpful and knowledgeable about all aspects of pet shipping to Oz, and what is needed before shipping and he can book your dog into kennels in Melbourne or Sydney and put you in touch with shippers here in Oz if they need to be flown on. All the best, don't hesitate to private e-mail us for any other help we can give.

Colin & Sally

Kingston

Tas

Hi Colin & Sally,

We were hoping to live in Brisbane, so the nearest Quarantine is Sydney. never been to Oz and without driving for 12 hours from brisbane to sydney - How would we arrange for our dog to get to Brisbane?

Any advice would be fantastic!!!:biggrin:

Guest Colin R

We live in Tasmania and our dogs went into Melbourne Spotswood quarantine . They were then flown onto Hobart using Jetpets. they collected the boys from the quarantine and dropped them off at the airport. We even rented pet carriers from them . they phone number for Jetpets is 0061393351206 email info@jetpets.com.au they are in Victoria but they would probably give you contacts for Sydney .

hope this helps

Sally

Archived