Just Lost My Best Mate.

Guest guest37336

Unfortunately Bert the Bulldog lost his fight tonight. To cut a long story short, he was 18 months old but had a 'shunt' fitted as he had problems with fluid on his brain.

Had the fit from hell this evening and the vet couldn't save him.

I know there is a thread on here about pets, make the most of them folks, just lost my one and only true friend.:cry:

Sorry if this is not in context, but not the same typing away and not having Bert being a pain in the arse.

Cheers Tony.

Sorry to hear that mate:sad: although not a big pet lover myself I do understand how much they mean to some people, like a member of the family are'nt they.

I used to work with a bloke who used to bring his little Jack Russell Terrier to work with him every day, right rascal it was, would av your butties in a flash:realmad:

One morning he turned up alone and I knew something must be wrong cos this never happened, turns out he was ran over the night before, felt like we'd lost a member of the gang it did.

Felt odd not having to hide your butties and I really missed the way he used to get the brickies mad by pooing in their sand, thats right he did'nt like brickies either:laugh:

Remember the good times mate and have one of these off me:hug:

Guest sh7t man no way
Unfortunately Bert the Bulldog lost his fight tonight. To cut a long story short, he was 18 months old but had a 'shunt' fitted as he had problems with fluid on his brain.

Had the fit from hell this evening and the vet couldn't save him.

I know there is a thread on here about pets, make the most of them folks, just lost my one and only true friend.:cry:

Sorry if this is not in context, but not the same typing away and not having Bert being a pain in the arse.

Cheers Tony.

sorry for your loss of bert mate--he wuz still just a pup bless him--how are the kids dealing with it:wubclub: and ruth

Guest guest37336

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes. REALLY appreciated, and as I said 'Just A Forum', yeah right not on your nelly.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Wasn't the same getting up this morning without seeing his big ugly face, then stretching on me and scaring my stomach with those huge feet of his, :biglaugh::no:.

The ugly bugger would normally be around my feet by now demanding brekky and a walk,:yes:.

Still, as so many have said the short life he did have was full of laughter (in his own way) and by god has he left a massive hole in my life, hey ho, onwards and upwards though and at some point today I'm going to get all his pics in order and put them in an album.

I KNOW it's nothing like losing a human, nothing can compare to that as many know, but all the same he was 'part' of the family and will be sorely missed.:yes:

Once again folks, sorry for a bit of a downer of a thread, but my family don't want me moaning all the time in front of them, brave face and all that,:idea::yes:.

Cheers Tony.

Guest sh7t man no way
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes. REALLY appreciated, and as I said 'Just A Forum', yeah right not on your nelly.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Wasn't the same getting up this morning without seeing his big ugly face, then stretching on me and scaring my stomach with those huge feet of his, :biglaugh::no:.

The ugly bugger would normally be around my feet by now demanding brekky and a walk,:yes:.

Still, as so many have said the short life he did have was full of laughter (in his own way) and by god has he left a massive hole in my life, hey ho, onwards and upwards though and at some point today I'm going to get all his pics in order and put them in an album.

I KNOW it's nothing like losing a human, nothing can compare to that as many know, but all the same he was 'part' of the family and will be sorely missed.:yes:

Once again folks, sorry for a bit of a downer of a thread, but my family don't want me moaning all the time in front of them, brave face and all that,:idea::yes:.

Cheers Tony.

i think you need a:hug:mate--heres a couple to help you through:hug::hug::wubclub:

Bless you and bless Bert SLT. Woofy condolences x x x

THE POWER OF THE DOG

by Rudyard Kipling

There is sorrow enough in the natural way

From men and women to fill our day;

But when we are certain of sorrow in store,

Why do we always arrange for more?

Brothers and sisters I bid you beware

Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy

Love unflinching that cannot lie–

Perfect passion and worship fed

By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.

Nevertheless it is hardly fair

To risk your heart for a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years that nature permits

Are closing in asthma or tumors or fits

And the vet’s unspoken prescription runs

To lethal chambers, or loaded guns.

Then you will find–its your own affair

But–you’ve given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will

When the whimper of welcome is stilled (how still!)

When the spirit that answered your every mood

Is gone–wherever it goes–for good,

You still discover how much you care

And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We’ve sorrow enough in the natural way

When it comes to burying Christian clay.

Our loves are not given, but only lent,

At compound interest of cent per cent.

Though it is not always the case, I believe,

That the longer we’ve kept ‘em the more do we grieve;

For when debts are payable, right or wrong,

A short time loan is as bad as a long–

So why in Heaven (before we are there)

Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

I've only just soon this or would have replied sooner.

So sorry to hear about Bert. He sounds fab and in his short time here he made a big impact. Grieve as you need to, nothing wrong with that.

I lost my two dogs within 2 months of each other when I was 5 (and 7) months pregnant. I cried for weeks, no shame in admitting it. It took me over 2 years to finally be able to talk about them without crying. And to this day I still miss them. Bert has a place in your heart forever :)

aww tone im so sorry mate:hug:

it was hard enough for me rehoming my best mate my boxer dexter, i was heart broken, i still think of him now, so i can only begin to imagine how your feeling, they become oart of the family and like a kid and its omly natural to be gutted. but you gave him 18 great months and he gave you just the same, always be happy you had him even for a short time:wubclub: