The Pom Queen

Child Curfews

I hear a lot of councils in America have child curfews, do you think this is a great idea to reduce crime?

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

I don't know. It wont stop the real bad kids (like ones in gangs or the real bad apples) but it may be a deterrent to those who were on the border so to speak. Those not sure which kind of life they want to lead.

Trying to get to Aus since 2008. Finally the end is in sight! 🤞 Hoping to make the move in 2022. 🇦🇺

• After 3 long years I’m finally a Registered Nurse! Sept 2021 
  • PTE academic, Oct 2021. Superior score, 20 visa points
  • Emigration Agent Assigned 20/01/2022
  • Skills assessment submitted 01/03/2022 (approved end of March ‘22)
  • Ahpra Registration submitted 08/03/2022
  • AHPRA in principle June 2022 (present by Jan 2023)
  • x2 pet import permits! July 2022 🥰 🐈⬛ 🐶
  • EOI 491 submitted to Vic Aug 2022 🤞🤞
  • State nomination invite/applied for Aug 2022
  • Invite to apply Sept 2022
  • Visa submission Sept 2022
  • Front loaded medicals and police checks (Sept and Oct 2022)
  • Direct grant Nov 2022

Not sure about crime, but will it help them remember to flush the toilet and turn the light out?????

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Guest Guest31881

My kids had a time to return home and if for any reason they were late they were expected to phone me and let me know. This is something the parents should take responsibility for not the government. :rolleyes:

I totally agree, I had to be in at 8pm on the dot and if I was late I was grounded. I have to admit to being very strict with mine, they have to tell me where they are going and I will often go and check up on them.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

me too, i was in trouble as a child often,ie going home full of mud,taking sticklebacks home and knewts and chickens feet,staying out later than i was told ect but i had respect for older people i wasnt a cheeky little bugger like they are now back in the uk .....they are out of hand and get away with murder ...and yes ...i am stressing the kids of uk ,as we have seen these disrespectful cheeky little gits everywhere for yrs in the uk and they are a threat ........here i know i can walk out at night , day with Pepper and a beer ,leave my back door unlocked , side door unlocked , cars unlocked take her for a walk and not worry about my home .....i would never have even concidered that in uk ........ im sure we have some bad teens here too but i am yet to see it first hand .......the teens ive met here , greet you with a shake of the hand and a please to meet you ect ..i like that .......but still a curfew for teenagers should be in order .............

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Chickens feet??

Its upto the parents not the council, when i was younger my mum always knew where i was and if i wasnt back for the time she told me i was grounded.

I see kids younger then my son (who is 6) out playing in the street without supervision. Unfortunately thats the kind of 'parents' that are round here. One's that don't give a ..... monkeys.

I want better for my kids, and boy are they in trouble if they are not polite or are rude to people. They 'usually' say please and thank you and we have had many comments saying how polite/well behaved they are when we have been out places. Love my munchkins. <3

I am in no way saying they are never naughty, but they certainly know right from wrong.

Trying to get to Aus since 2008. Finally the end is in sight! 🤞 Hoping to make the move in 2022. 🇦🇺

• Direct grant Nov 2022

Yeah i see a lot of kids that age too, they just get to do what they want. When i was younger the worst thing i used to do was chap the door run away but nowadays kids that age are stealing, smashing windows and others are getting pregnant at 13/14

Yeah i see a lot of kids that age too, they just get to do what they want. When i was younger the worst thing i used to do was chap the door run away but nowadays kids that age are stealing, smashing windows and others are getting pregnant at 13/14

must admit we did knock n run too and bangers in the garden , i remember not liking it ,i now hate fireworks , so glad its banned here only organized displays (i once had a rocket launced at me while driving slowely in a parking area outside a place i lived back in the uk ) was kids ect ...that wont happen here .......

I hate fireworks too, i dont watch displays here. I hate what they do to animals, my dog is absolutely terrified of them, he has to get meds from the vet. Then its even worse when you hear about people tying them to animals etc. People that do that should get a fire work rammed up their a***

My kids had a time to return home and if for any reason they were late they were expected to phone me and let me know. This is something the parents should take responsibility for not the government. :rolleyes:

The problem is that some parents don't know how to be responsible, I regularly have 16 year old girls walking down my road drunk at 2 in the morning by themselves!

TRA Submitted 24/03/11,TRA Successful 18/04/11,WA SA Submitted 19/04/11,WA Approved 20/05/11,176 Visa lodged 20/05/11,Form 1100 to DIAC 22/06/11,CO Assigned 05/07/11,Medicals 19/9/11 Finalized 27/09/11,S.Africa+UK PCC sent to CO 6/10/11,VISA Granted 7/10/11!

The problem is that some parents don't know how to be responsible, I regularly have 16 year old girls walking down my road drunk at 2 in the morning by themselves!

Weasle , we always and still do buy cul -de-sacs as they dont have any reson to go down there and only one point of escape ........

Then its even worse when you hear about people tying them to animals etc. People that do that should get a fire work rammed up their a***

Damn right Stacey !

As a part time trained pyrotechnician who has fired public displays for at least 22 years now, I have to commend the Oz way of not allowing the public to buy fireworks, if only the UK goverment would follow suit.

Some of the stuff the public can buy here is way too dangerous. Do you know anyone who can carry out a proper risk assessment for firing explosives in their own garden ???? :no:

Back to topic............................it is down to the parents but unfortunately some of those are just as bad !!

Justin TRA 8/4/11 success 10/5/11, WA SS sent 10/5/11 - approved 16/5/11, 176 lodged 1/6/11, CO 26/6/11, Meds 16/8/11, Finalised 26/8/11, PCC 16/9/11, VISA GRANTED 1/11/11 Arrived in Perth 12/11/2012:ssign19:

I wish they would ban them here too, people seem to like to buy lots of them and mix them with drink = disaster!!!!

Weasle , we always and still do buy cul -de-sacs as they dont have any reson to go down there and only one point of escape ........

Very Naughty of you :biglaugh: you have to be careful of what you say you could land up on a "Register".

TRA Submitted 24/03/11,TRA Successful 18/04/11,WA SA Submitted 19/04/11,WA Approved 20/05/11,176 Visa lodged 20/05/11,Form 1100 to DIAC 22/06/11,CO Assigned 05/07/11,Medicals 19/9/11 Finalized 27/09/11,S.Africa+UK PCC sent to CO 6/10/11,VISA Granted 7/10/11!

I wish they would ban them here too, people seem to like to buy lots of them and mix them with drink = disaster!!!!

I agree with you all, ban them. Should only be for public dispays. And our animals hate them too. :no:

Another good reason we should go to Perth then eh' Tony. :yes:

• Direct grant Nov 2022

Oh and they are so stupidly expensive for what they are, the people that spend hundreds on them ................muppets ! :laugh:

Justin TRA 8/4/11 success 10/5/11, WA SS sent 10/5/11 - approved 16/5/11, 176 lodged 1/6/11, CO 26/6/11, Meds 16/8/11, Finalised 26/8/11, PCC 16/9/11, VISA GRANTED 1/11/11 Arrived in Perth 12/11/2012:ssign19:

Yeah our town spends loads and loans on fireworkers yet they dont have any money to fix playparks etc, the vets must make a fortune on firework night lol.

Good on oz for banning them

Oh and they are so stupidly expensive for what they are, the people that spend hundreds on them ................muppets ! :laugh:

Its for all the compensation that they have to pay

Guest Andy

Banning fireworks :shocked: ffs :no:, its all about people who buy them and sell them to be responsible, you cant just ban everything because whatever it is is dangerous, should we all start banning fags and alcohol and whatever else? Their are countless families that have a wonderful time with fireworks in their back garden a couple of times a year and just because a few idiots piss around with them does not mean you should ban them in my opinion.

I think fireworks should only now be used at organised events where proper pyro technicians set off the fireworks.

Thousands of people are injured every year due to misuse of fireworks.

Why risk getting injured for a couple of ooh's and aahh's

176 Family Visa GSM. Visa Granted 01/11/2011 Validated Visa Feb 2012

In order to stand out from the flock one must first be a sheep

Banning fireworks :shocked: ffs :no:, its all about people who buy them and sell them to be responsible, you cant just ban everything because whatever it is is dangerous, should we all start banning fags and alcohol and whatever else? Their are countless families that have a wonderful time with fireworks in their back garden a couple of times a year and just because a few idiots piss around with them does not mean you should ban them in my opinion.

I understand what you mean but it never seems to be the idiots that get hurt though, mostly it's your "sensible" family that just doesn't understand how dangerous these things are.

Fags and booze you can control the effects of as we all know what they do, but fireworks are very unpredictable - even the professional stuff can go wrong but when it does everything possible has been done to protect those watching.

I've had a 5" shell burst 20 feet above my head instead of the usual 300-400 feet and that is scary :yes:

Guest Andy
I understand what you mean but it never seems to be the idiots that get hurt though, mostly it's your "sensible" family that just doesn't understand how dangerous these things are.

Fags and booze you can control the effects of as we all know what they do, but fireworks are very unpredictable - even the professional stuff can go wrong but when it does everything possible has been done to protect those watching.

I've had a 5" shell burst 20 feet above my head instead of the usual 300-400 feet and that is scary :yes:

The thing is their are lots of things that we do that are dangerous and like i said we just have to stop juveniles buying fireworks because they are more likely to do stupid things with them but you cannot imo stop adults buying fireworks because someone might get hurt, you cannot stop accidents as they will always happen and people get hurt when things go wrong that is just a fact of life.