Racism in Sydney??

Cruz

Guest Sir Les Patterson
As for the history bit....catch up on general history regarding the royal family and AUS, general poltics etc....

Loads of aussies will tell you they hate the roayl family and what do they do etc.....as long as you are armed with the info that :

1. Queensland is named after THIER and our queen

2.our union jack is still on thier flag

3. they had a referendum about leaving the commonwealth / attachment with the queen only 4 years ago..and voted in a majority to stay under Lizzie......

1. Queensland is named after Queen Victoria

2. Indeed, the Union Jack is still on our flag

3. The Referendum on the Republic was in 1999 (not 4 years ago) and failed in part due to the phrasing of the question.

Don't let the facts stand in the way of a good story though.

stuff like this in an argument generally shuts up members of a very under-educated race with no class, manners or breeding..
It's nice to know I am an uneducated,classless,ill mannered inbred yokel but at least I know how to spell their.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. The Referendum on the Republic was in 1999 (not 4 years ago) and failed in part due to the phrasing of the question.

It's nice to know I am an uneducated,classless,ill mannered inbred yokel but at least I know how to spell their.

Thair you go!

Guest bacardi167

Cruz...told you it would get them going didnt i......and thats how easy it is to wind people up over here....point proved convincingly i believe.....?!! and they are all patting each other on the back about THEIR responses !!! (hope i spelt that correctly ?).....

thing is, most people you end up having to throw useless info at (like stated) are not as inteligent as those on this board.

therefore you will be answering silly questions like what has the queen ever done for us, why do all you brits always come over here, if you dont like it then go home...australia is the best place on earth etc......

My appologies to all australians on this board but my post was written to prove a point.....

i definately love it here and am in know way biased against any nationality...

Please excuse my spelling as it hard to spell after a bottle of red and a few beers.....does this board have a spell check facility?

Also i'll have to check on the referendum being in 1999....I'm sure something happened about 4 years ago, but let me get back to you all on that.....

here's to hoping you can read between the lines on this post and not take it as literally as the last one.....

good luck all....

Guest bacardi167

Question

so was Queen Victoria not Australia and Englands queen then?....I'm sure thats what i said wasnt it?!!

Just a thought.....

Lol, it's keeping track of my hubby's partner visa application and our travel plans (my memory is rubbish) - DH = darling husband

The Satchdog is our amazing golden lab, who (hopefully) flies on Qantas QF10 on 17/10, I'm following on 23/10 but with Singapore, and hubby is heading over with Etihad on 8/11...

Should change it, cos now I remember it all, but not sure what to change it to........

Guest bacardi167
With a post like that I wouldn't be calling anyone else under-educated, mate.

skani...maybe you need to read the whole thread and the posts following the one above.

you may then get some idea and a jist on why it was said....

until then...i wouldn't comment on it "mate".....?

skani...maybe you need to read the whole thread and the posts following the one above.

you may then get some idea and a jist on why it was said....

until then...i wouldn't comment on it "mate".....?

I have been reading it - since it started 6 days ago.

We are regularly told on PIO how the English education system is so superior to the Australian....often by people whose posts are barely literate. Well, all I can say is...it obviously hasn't worked for a lot of people.

Keep going, though - gives us a laugh (frequently) :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Surely it failed because clever little lawyer Johnny Howard ensured the wording of the referendum was such that there was only one possible outcome

It failed because the only republic model on offer was one with a president elected by Parliament: this had been decided at a Constitutional Convention.

However, there were pro republicans who wanted the president directly elected by the voters only and many of these voted No.

Guest bacardi167
I have been reading it - since it started 6 days ago.

We are regularly told on PIO how the English education system is so superior to the Australian....often by people whose posts are barely literate. Well, all I can say is...it obviously hasn't worked for a lot of people.

Keep going, though - gives us a laugh (frequently) :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Ok..let me explain it for you then shall i?

My post was purely to show cruz that australians would react to the stupid, biased and dumb comments i made. this was because of Cruz's worries regarding acceptance....

problem is..you guys have and are discussing the topic of the referrendum i quoted for fun....

i think you have missed the whole point of my comments and origional post, as did many.

i have no complex or problem with anyone of any nation, i was just trying to expose the type of response cruz should expect.

unfortunately, you and others have made it so blatently obvious that i fear cruz may be having 2nd thoughts.

Personally, i couldnt care and dont know anything about the referendum, yet you guys will happily debate a dead subject.

Make me laugh too that a stupid post like that can wind up so many educated people...i may not be as educated as youself (apparently?) but i'm glad i still have a sense of humour......

try reading the post in the correct context. you may find that i said in the post that it would stir people up.....deal with it and move on...!!

Maybe you should try getting your information from outsite PIO for a more balanced view? personally with 2 kids in school over here i have never compared both education systems and would certainly not put my children into an inferior system given the chance.....

Keep going though (your responses are making a very boring night funny!)!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::tongue::confused::embarrassed::shocked:

Guest The Pom Queen

I have only read a few posts on this thread and it seems things are getting a little heated. Please remember the forum rules and debate the subject without getting personal. Thanks Admin x