BritChick and Pommypauls Travels

BritChickx

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably could live other places I've just not been in one place long enough and/or worked to know whether I could or not. Anyway I'd live in Queensland if I stayed here for good! I'm loving it over here, just the lack of money getting us down. If we're not careful we'll be back in the UK next month (unless we wwoofed). That's only if this job didn't work out anyway. The job is going well, it's hard work though! starting again tomorrow.

Guest The Pom Queen
I probably could live other places I've just not been in one place long enough and/or worked to know whether I could or not. Anyway I'd live in Queensland if I stayed here for good! I'm loving it over here, just the lack of money getting us down. If we're not careful we'll be back in the UK next month (unless we wwoofed). That's only if this job didn't work out anyway. The job is going well, it's hard work though! starting again tomorrow.

If you think though you have done one hell of a lot of travelling so your money will have dwindled, hopefully this job will top the bank balance.:hug:

Don't come back for the winter :eek: although it has been really mild and nice lately it is going to get very white and cold in a month or so they are saying, that's if you do not like snow of course.

p.s great photos.

When did they say that???????? from what I've heard there is no snow for the forseeable future.

When did they say that???????? from what I've heard there is no snow for the forseeable future.

Britain faces an abrupt end to a remarkably warm autumn with temperatures plummeting towards Siberian levels, forecasters are warning.

The unusually mild weather is about to give way to a freezing winter, as thermometers dip well below zero within a fortnight.

And the country will be coping with -15C cold by December, according to experts, who have warned that the weather could be as brutal as last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056424/After-glorious-autumn--Britain-prepares-Siberian-freeze-just-weeks.html

Britain faces an abrupt end to a remarkably warm autumn with temperatures plummeting towards Siberian levels, forecasters are warning.

The unusually mild weather is about to give way to a freezing winter, as thermometers dip well below zero within a fortnight.

And the country will be coping with -15C cold by December, according to experts, who have warned that the weather could be as brutal as last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056424/After-glorious-autumn--Britain-prepares-Siberian-freeze-just-weeks.html

That Article is out of date, it is from the 2nd November. The 10 day forecast says that temperatures are going to be pretty much same for the next 10 days apart form the Tuesday and Wednesday!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I haven't been around much lately and theres too many posts to read, so can anyone tell me if Chickx has discovered if paul is ............... big down under. lol

That Article is out of date, it is from the 2nd November. The 10 day forecast says that temperatures are going to be pretty much same for the next 10 days apart form the Tuesday and Wednesday!

They were saying on the weather last night, after about Thurs of this week they simply don't know what is going to happen - there are a few low fronts out there, coming from West way which could either hit us hard with cold wet weather, or they could get a little less harsh and just be less cold less wet weather.

There was talk that because we had had such unseasonably warm weather in Sept it would 'snap' back and therefore the winter would be harsher than last year with snow and ice for longer, hence all the councils stocking up on far more grit and salt than previously (but then they needed more, and needed to get more of it out than previous years I think we would all agree). However, with budget cutbacks I woulnd't think councils would be spending money if they could possibly get away with it.

But then, who ever knows with the UK weather, it seems to have a mind of its own and the meteorologists don't seem to know.

Well to make you all jealous on the sunny coast it's high 20's-mid 30's since we got here 2 weeks ago :P according to the weather report it's been the driest november on the SC for 92 years!

Hopefully this is my last winter in the UK, so I want snow, loads of it, at least 1 foot and clear skies:yellow_guy_crazy_ty

They were saying on the weather last night, after about Thurs of this week they simply don't know what is going to happen - there are a few low fronts out there, coming from West way which could either hit us hard with cold wet weather, or they could get a little less harsh and just be less cold less wet weather.

There was talk that because we had had such unseasonably warm weather in Sept it would 'snap' back and therefore the winter would be harsher than last year with snow and ice for longer, hence all the councils stocking up on far more grit and salt than previously (but then they needed more, and needed to get more of it out than previous years I think we would all agree). However, with budget cutbacks I woulnd't think councils would be spending money if they could possibly get away with it.

But then, who ever knows with the UK weather, it seems to have a mind of its own and the meteorologists don't seem to know.

It looks like a drop of temp of about 2 degrees over the next 10 days for us not exactly extreme weather yet. I was in the park yesterday and the Squirrels were still rushing around like loons I would have expected them to be tucked up in there squirrel beds!

come upto scotland and you should get some! i want it to snow now too but i dont want it to stay for weeks like the last time

You're alright - OH has ordered deep deep snow for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing day, and then for it to all melt the next day and it be lovely and sunny and crisp the rest of the time. :biggrin:

Id like to order a sprinkling of snow for the week leading upto xmas but nothing that will distrupt transport lol i want my gran and grampa to be able to come down! Its funny cos last month when we were ordering tickets for the manchester expo we were thinking crap it might be snowing and we might not make it down but look how mild its been! dont think there will be snow till maybe december but who knows!

Last time we had bad snow we had the BMW, it was awful. we kept getting stuck and sliding around everywhere. This year we have a renault clio, im not sure how thats going to go but hopefully wont be any worse than the bmw.

Dave keeps moaning at me to start my lessons again so i can have the clio and he can get a more manly car lol