BritChick and Pommypauls Travels

BritChickx

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well right now we are sat in the car in Griffith with the laptop! We can't seem to get an Internet connection in the house we're staying at on the farm. The farms a few k's out of Leeton. Annoying as the owners house is 5 mins walk up the road and can get full signal on the net there! so for a while the updates will be shorter and not as regularly :(. But we are settling in well, the farm has cotton/rice/oats and we're managing the flood irrigation, making sure the oats and rice have enough water and draining it when there's too much! It's harder than it sounds! And inbetween we (well Paul) do odd jobs....and WEED SPRAYING! UGH! lol. Well i better sign off as we're about to go to the cinema (probably the only afternoon we get off!) so I or Paul will try to get online again soon. Ta ta for now!

Weeelll...the job wasn't so great after all. The (tyrant) boss was expecting Paul to do lots for a crap wage and I wasn't able to help Paul with most things so was a bit bored/fed up, especially as I'd prefer to earn my own wage. So neither of us was really happy and last night decided impulsively we were gonna leave and go to the Sunshine coast! So bad us packed up in the night and sneaked off in the morning. Leaving a note of course lol. We drove 7-8 hours today and are now in Narrabri. Tomorrow going to finish off the journey and set up camp in Caloundra on the SC. Here's a rough route of our journey from Perth to the SC where we'll be tomorrow. FYI it's almost 8,000kms!!!

Hellooo from the Sunshine Coast :). We arrived yesterday and have booked in for a week at the Ocean View Tourist Park, which is in Landsborough right near the Hinterlands. Today we went to Australia Zoo which was really good, although quite pricey! When we arrived home Paul received a call from a job we applied for, cleaning job, and after a quick chat got the job straight away :D. It involves cleaning businesses/homes and we'd go round together going to areas in Brisbane and the Gold Coast mainly. So that should be interesting!

just a wee update from us, we've now been on the sunshine coast for a few days. been to australia zoo and the australia zoo animal hospital which was awesome and we've managed to find some work as bond cleaners covering the brisbane, gold coast and sunshine coast! we're only just starting out in it though, had our trial on monday and only just got our first job for this coming monday, fingers crossed we impress the boss and get more funds for the travels.

At the moment the plan is to stay on the sunny coast for around 10 to 15 weeks, save aload of cash up (if possible lol) then head off doing some wwoofing to make up stacys 88 days for her second year visa.

Just got to hope all goes to plan so the adventure can continue :jiggy:

DSCN2344 (800x600).jpg

DSCN2414 (800x600).jpg

DSCN2458 (800x600).jpg

DSCN2475 (800x600).jpg

DSCN2495 (600x800).jpg

DSCN2344 (800x600).jpg

DSCN2414 (800x600).jpg

DSCN2458 (800x600).jpg

DSCN2475 (800x600).jpg

DSCN2495 (600x800).jpg

Well! Me and Paul are resembling lobsters! Today we went to the gorgeous Noosa beach and had a great time, except we didn't put enough sun cream on and are now paying for it!!! We spent a few hours in the sea and sand, trying to catch some waves lol and failing badly! Instead I got wave slapped! :P we also had a quick drive through the town which also looks lovely, definately one of those places that you have to visit! Just make sure you don't do what we do and slap enough suncream on :P. Here are some piccies.

DSCN2518 (800x600).jpg

DSCN2520 (800x600).jpg

DSCN2525 (600x800).jpg

DSCN2530 (800x600).jpg

IMG02146-20111109-1144.jpg

DSCN2518 (800x600).jpg

DSCN2520 (800x600).jpg

DSCN2525 (600x800).jpg

DSCN2530 (800x600).jpg

IMG02146-20111109-1144.jpg

Guest The Pom Queen
We haven't seen NSW (well i haven't) so got to go there of course and see more of Vic but there's no where I've been that I'd like to live in. Although I think I could live here on the sunny coast :) or nearby. We've got work here so i'll be able to test the waters a bit :)

Seriously:shocked: you have been to all these beautiful places but you couldn't live there, can I be nosy and ask why?