BritChick and Pommypauls Travels

BritChickx

Some stunning photos Paul, I'm glad someone posts photos:tongue::hug:

Is your car pimped and is it 4 wheel drive now:jiggy:

Stacey you are suppose to just walk through the water, I could do with standing next to a tree like that, it would make me look thinner.

glad you like the pics kate :) .... gawd i wish my car was a four wheel drive, felt abit bad giving it a hammering along the dodgy corrogated roads

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Pom Queen
Okaaay so another change of plan! The orange picking job isn't working out (admittedly we haven't done a days work there) but the boss can't give us the hours we need to cover our food and accomodation and save aswell, and the area is a bit.....crap to be truthful! So we're gonna do what we originally planned, and after here go to Adelaide and then onto the Wwoofing job on the Great Ocean Road. And look for any job and not just a harvest job.

I have heard there are a few that are like that, they just use the backpackers, maybe a good write up on these ones would help others in the area, I suppose if you are desperate for the 2nd year WHV then people will do it.

Guest The Pom Queen
Yeah you're right, and it would be good to warn people or advise people of where to go/not go. I'm thinking it might be best just to get any job, me and Paul were thinking near or in Melbourne after wwoofing. And just doing wwoof work to get my 2nd year visa instead.

How much more do you have to do to get your 2nd year?

Guest The Pom Queen
glad you like the pics kate :) .... gawd i wish my car was a four wheel drive, felt abit bad giving it a hammering along the dodgy corrogated roads

LOL Can you do the basic mechanics on it if needed?

Keep the tales and photos coming, it looks brill.

Can’t wait, something magical about the open space, quiet roads and scenery.

With a bit of luck I'll be there in 18months doing the same thing.

Silly question, how bad are the flies????

Stacey if you still can’t drive by the time you get there, I'll give you a lift. :wink:

:jimlad:

was that me? lol thanks! i dont think theres a chance in hell of me being able to drive for a very long time lol i gave up after i nearly crashed a few times so i'll take you up on that offer of a lift! :wink:

bugger but I'm sure you will manage it:wubclub:

Yeah, wwoofing is a life saver really, good way to get food and shelter and it going towards a 2nd visa! Just gonna do that around Aus until we get a job :)

We are in Adelaide atm until Thursday, then going to Victory Harbor and spending the rest of Thurs and stopping for one night there. Then going to stop off at a few places along the coast as we head towards the GOR :)

Guest The Pom Queen
Yeah, wwoofing is a life saver really, good way to get food and shelter and it going towards a 2nd visa! Just gonna do that around Aus until we get a job :)

We are in Adelaide atm until Thursday, then going to Victory Harbor and spending the rest of Thurs and stopping for one night there. Then going to stop off at a few places along the coast as we head towards the GOR :)

I posted a few backpacking jobs yesterday hopefully there may be something for you.

After the Waikerie disaster on monday we headed to Adelaide. Leaving tomorrow morning and had a good time exploring the city, went to the museum, art gallery, West beach, Botanic Garden and Belair National Park. Oh and had a wander through the city :). We stayed at Adelaide Park (opposite the Botanic garden). Here are some pictures....mostly of the wildlife :).

Guest The Pom Queen
After the Waikerie disaster on monday we headed to Adelaide. Leaving tomorrow morning and had a good time exploring the city, went to the museum, art gallery, West beach, Botanic Garden and Belair National Park. Oh and had a wander through the city :). We stayed at Adelaide Park (opposite the Botanic garden). Here are some pictures....mostly of the wildlife :).

Can't see them:tongue:

SSSHH! Had an Internet fail lol. Here they are :)

IMG01649-20111010-1545.jpg

Fountain in Adelaide City Centre

DSCN1667800x600.jpg

Which Pelican is real?

DSCN1788800x600.jpg

Lake at Belair NP

DSCN1786800x600.jpg

(killer) Teripan minding his own business in the Lake

DSCN1783600x800.jpg

Birdy wanted to show us the way to the rest of his family

DSCN1797800x600.jpg

Wild Koala that jumped down a tree and flew to another one! Spider Koala! (not really, he was just trying to get away from the ladies running toward him lol)

DSCN1801800x600.jpg

View from Adelaide Hills

so after leaving Adelaide this morning we travelled far and wide and ended up....in Victor Harbor! (A 95km journey that took 2 hours). Another member, Pablo, recommended the area so here we are! Once we got here we set up the tent and set off for Granite Island. Small but very scenic, if you go with a tour guide in the evenings you can catch the penguins coming back onto the island. We had a wander around using the paths, which is a short walk, and it got pretty hot so set off to the beach afterwards! Went for a dip in the sea which was refreshing! And was the first time i've been in any aussie waters! We're only here just until tomorrow morning so haven't checked out the whole area but what we did see was pretty good :) here are the photos.

DSCN1810800x600.jpg

The choo choo train! Very nice!

DSCN1818800x600.jpg

Start of the bridge to Granite Island. You can also go on a horse drawn tram, but the horse is out of action atm as they're re doing the pathways!

IMG01724-20111013-1218.jpg

IMG01725-20111013-1223.jpg

DSCN1828800x600.jpg

Some of the trail and view from the top

DSCN1835800x600.jpg

DSCN1841800x600.jpg

DSCN1844800x600.jpg

Paul taking a dip....in his boxers lol.