BritChick and Pommypauls Travels

BritChickx

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we decided to take a break, sounds so ross and rachael lol, not sure if we'll get back together but im going to oz one way or another! yeah you should def find the work and then you have the option to stay, theres not much here for people our age so may aswell make the most of it!

ahhh right, well I hope things work out the way you want them to :hug: but yeah you should come to Oz one way or another! It's great!

I had $5700 ish and it won't go further than a few months! At most! I'm down to $3800 and I've been here for 5 and a half weeks. It depends on what you wanna do and where you go. Or how far you travel. It's good to try getting work within the first month or two of being here so you don't run too low and get into a panic! Which I might be doing soon lol. Paul's the same really too. Be prepared to travel a good distance to find work too. Also check out the wwoof page that's on here. That's a good way to travel and see the country, work and get food and accom in return and it counts towards your 2nd year visa. So if you do run low (like I might!) it's something to fall back on. Then when you've got 3 months of wwoof work or other qualifying work clocked up you can get your 2nd year visa and then get whatever job after that. If I didn't need 2nd year visa work I'd prob have a job by now!

You can buy bus and train passes. Depending on the route and for how long you wanna travel between towns for. You can get bus passes on the greyhound australia site, different ones to suit your itinery. Or train passes. You'd have to google and some companies vary depending on the state.

Hi again :). Over the last few days we've travelled from Esperance, through the Nullabor to SA, stopping at the John Eyre motel in Caiguna in the Nullabor, then as we drove on we stopped at Penong, Port Lincoln and now as I type we're heading to the Flinders Rangers! :) Here are some random pictures of the trip through to SA.

DSCN1243 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1262 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1267 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1270 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1273 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1243 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1262 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1267 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1270 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1273 (800x600).jpg

We will do! I look forward to seeing a wild one too. Not even seen a wild wombat yet....well a live one lol.

We're now at the Flinders Rangers (in Hawker), soaking up the rain....literally... lol. If you don't hear from us tomorrow it's cos we've been whisked away by the wind in our tent lol.

So the original plan was to come to the Fliinders for a few days, start a wwoofing job near Adelaide for a week then so what to do after that, but we've changed our mind about the wwoofing job in Adelaide as it seems a bit dodgy, and we're still desperate for work so after here we're going to Adelaide for the weekend, and then heading to Mildura in Victoria for a few days to see if we can get work there, as it's meant to be a popular work destination. We also applied for a wwoofing job on the Great Ocean Road to start once we've been to Mildura, and they said yes so woohoo :) what a cool place to work! So we have the next 2-3 weeks sorted :)

Let me know if you see a camel, I have never seen a wild camel yet.

Rob has a crazy idea that if we run out of petrol whilst in the outback we just round up a few wild camels, lash them to the front of the camper and they can tow us where-ever we want to go instead :biglaugh: Crazy boy! lol (although I do rather like the visual idea of that, shame its just not based in reality lol)

Guest Smudger2go

Keep the tales and photos coming, it looks brill.

Can’t wait, something magical about the open space, quiet roads and scenery.

With a bit of luck I'll be there in 18months doing the same thing.

Silly question, how bad are the flies????

Stacey if you still can’t drive by the time you get there, I'll give you a lift. :wink:

:jimlad:

I can't comment much as we were only in Perth/WA end of winter/beginning of spring so didn't see any but I imagine there's some about in summer. When we stopped in Penong (SA) for the night, it was 26c and we were swarmed by them! So probably just depends on the time of year and temp. I know I've not experienced nothing yet, the worst of the flies is still to come lol. Paul says the drier and hotter the area the worst the flies will be.

so a wee update from our latest travels, we've been out exploring the flinders ranges for the last couple of days, could soooooo have spent longer seeing all the sights and trying to destroy my car on the scenic drives (dirt roads were a tad rought lol)..... some piccies as they speak a million words (plus captions underneath :P)

DSCN1516800x600.jpg

anyone tell us what this animal is????????

Yellow footed rock wallaby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow-footed_Rock-wallaby

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest The Pom Queen
:yes: :cute:....Paul's gutted, he thought we had discovered a new species :laugh:

and thanks Pixie, you were close :cute:

Oh and boot hill rocked! Even tho it was a tree and not a hill :P

Some stunning photos Paul, I'm glad someone posts photos:tongue::hug:

Is your car pimped and is it 4 wheel drive now:jiggy:

Stacey you are suppose to just walk through the water, I could do with standing next to a tree like that, it would make me look thinner.

Some stunning photos Paul, I'm glad someone posts photos:tongue::hug:

Is your car pimped and is it 4 wheel drive now:jiggy:

Stacey you are suppose to just walk through the water, I could do with standing next to a tree like that, it would make me look thinner.

What are you trying to say? :tongue:

Okaaay so another change of plan! The orange picking job isn't working out (admittedly we haven't done a days work there) but the boss can't give us the hours we need to cover our food and accomodation and save aswell, and the area is a bit.....crap to be truthful! So we're gonna do what we originally planned, and after here go to Adelaide and then onto the Wwoofing job on the Great Ocean Road. And look for any job and not just a harvest job.