BritChick and Pommypauls Travels

BritChickx

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today we had a little drive around the Glass House Mountains on the Sunshine coast. Here are some pictures :)

'Named by James Cook during his epic voyage along Australia's east coast, the Glass Houses are rhyolite plugs formed by volcanic activity millions of years ago. Remnants of the open eucalypt woodland and heath vegetation, which once covered the coastal plains, provide a home for an interesting variety of animals and plants, including 26 near threatened plant species.

The Glass House Mountains area was a special meeting place where many Aboriginal people gathered for ceremonies and trading. This place is considered spiritually significant with many ceremonial sites still present and protected today.'

http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/glass-house-mountains/about.html

I guess someone has told you that Mt Tibrogargan is Gorilla Mountain to the locals...driving back to the sunny coast you can see why.

Guest roaminnomore

OMGoodness, I know I don't get on here often but totally missed that one. Good on ya both, have a great life and keep having muchas fun. Best wishes Leila x :em3600:

Guest guest37336
For your amusement....me and Paul (attempting) Bodyboarding today at Dicky Beach :P

yGRzRC7axVg

Hi Stacy.

I tell you what, if that was the first time you and Paul did alright,:notworthy:.

I became an expert overnight, through little skill mind, just turned around saw this, I tell you what, it makes you an 'expert' in 'Speed Bodyboarding' fairly damn quick.:shocked::biglaugh:

Ben-Blog-9.jpg

Guest roaminnomore

All is good with us, we have had our storm and now we are enjoying our quiet (well, if you can with three rugrats!).

Me thinks there is a new preditor around the shores of Auz, a real man eater, the sharks better watch out - tee hee. Nice work honey, seriously did not see that one coming! I wish you both all the best and many a happy a time honey. Ley x

Guest guest59177

Well I did my dive at their Sydney location:

http://www.brisbaneskydivers.com.au/

I don't know how things are at Brisbane, you can search on Google for 'Brisbane skydiving' and shop around, also ask some locals who may know. OR you could wait till you get to Sydney. Are you planning to do the Tandem jump or take the full course and do a solo jump with jump masters holding on to you?

Welllll! We are still about! On the sunshine coast still, looking for jobs STILL, but we've found a place to wwoof up the road in an area called Mooloolah Valley, on a farm :) we hope if it's nice there that we can stay over Christmas and maybe tick off more weeks needed to gain my 2nd year visa :)

Lol! Sorry MUMS! Okay so for those who haven't seen our other thread, we're planning on going back to the UK in May. But for now! Today we're on the road to Airlie beach :D Tonight stopping at Rockhampton/anywhere we can get cheap cos it's too hot to stay in a tent, and then friday we'll be arriving at our wwoofing position at Proserpine, half hour from airlie beach. So watch out Whitsundays here we come!!!

Guest The Pom Queen

LOL don't mind us, Scottishstacey and myself will keep your thread going whilst you keep yourselves busy with errrr "other things"

Guest The Pom Queen
Lol! Sorry MUMS! Okay so for those who haven't seen our other thread, we're planning on going back to the UK in May. But for now! Today we're on the road to Airlie beach :D Tonight stopping at Rockhampton/anywhere we can get cheap cos it's too hot to stay in a tent, and then friday we'll be arriving at our wwoofing position at Proserpine, half hour from airlie beach. So watch out Whitsundays here we come!!!

Are you not there yet, I thought you were already there, oh dear I must keep up:wideeyed: