BritChick and Pommypauls Travels

BritChickx

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another little update :)

So far we have been on the Sunshince Coast for just over 2 weeks, and have been working over the last 8 days (with 2 off). This cleaning business is hard work!! We've had to get on our hands and knees literally and scrub til we had cramps in our hands lol. Well me anyway cos I have no strength lol. Here are some piccies.

IMG02180-20111114-1214.jpg

IMG02183-20111114-1218.jpg

IMG02184-20111114-1358.jpg

IMG02194-20111115-1601.jpg

IMG02196-20111115-1601.jpg

IMG02180-20111114-1214.jpg

IMG02183-20111114-1218.jpg

IMG02184-20111114-1358.jpg

IMG02194-20111115-1601.jpg

IMG02196-20111115-1601.jpg

It's definitely a expensive thing! if we come we'll probably be on toast and beans for a month or two lol. Oh daves mum said something stupid the other day, i walked in and she was watching that "wanted down under" program and she said "BTW do you know that a tin of beans is 3 times our price!" what a random thing to say! i think she was half expecting me to say omgggg we arent going anymore then lol

Lol! Gotta love a wind up! I think I did that before I went lol.

Had 2 farm jobs that didn't work out and now this one which seems to be more suitable :) as we're both actually working rather than paul working and me tagging along! And we're not in the middle of no where! We hope to get a bit of cleaning experience doing bond cleaning then be able to apply for resort cleaning or something like that.

think it depends on what work you want and what's already on your cv! But I had never done cleaning before and the boss gave us a shot at bond cleaning which is hard! I'm sure you'll be ok and would get work, just apply for everything and anything and don't be fussy.

Yeah Kate one week in and I'm sick of ending up a sweaty mess from cleaning lol. It's very hard! But we've had no complaints yet so must be doing ok!

my cv's not great.. :( im definitely not fussy, i apply for everything here - shops, cleaning, kitchen work etc but no luck. atm im waiting on shifts from royal mail, ive waited nearly a month from first applying and ive been told the shifts prob wont start till december so all this for just a few weeks work and then back to square one again.

Good luck with the rest of your work!

Guest The Pom Queen
think it depends on what work you want and what's already on your cv! But I had never done cleaning before and the boss gave us a shot at bond cleaning which is hard! I'm sure you'll be ok and would get work, just apply for everything and anything and don't be fussy.

Yeah Kate one week in and I'm sick of ending up a sweaty mess from cleaning lol. It's very hard! But we've had no complaints yet so must be doing ok!

What's betting the first complaint you will get will be from a Brit lol x

I'm sure you won't get any though, keep up the good work:hug:

Yw! Hmm wish we could use that but think we just have to use what we're given! Boo!

Poo - do they work the things they give you though? If so, not an issue, but remember sneaky can of cola if desperate (I would have thought they meant you can't use things they haven't given you in terms of not using chemicals because mixing them can be ultra dangerous - whilst Coke is seriously corrosive on things, not in a chemical way so you're pretty safe, unless diabetic :biglaugh: )

Keep happy :)

Today we had a little drive around the Glass House Mountains on the Sunshine coast. Here are some pictures :)

'Named by James Cook during his epic voyage along Australia's east coast, the Glass Houses are rhyolite plugs formed by volcanic activity millions of years ago. Remnants of the open eucalypt woodland and heath vegetation, which once covered the coastal plains, provide a home for an interesting variety of animals and plants, including 26 near threatened plant species.

The Glass House Mountains area was a special meeting place where many Aboriginal people gathered for ceremonies and trading. This place is considered spiritually significant with many ceremonial sites still present and protected today.'

http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/glass-house-mountains/about.html

IMG02228-20111120-0938.jpg

IMG02216-20111120-0853.jpg

IMG02230-20111120-0939.jpg

IMG02234-20111120-0953.jpg

IMG02228-20111120-0938.jpg

IMG02216-20111120-0853.jpg

IMG02230-20111120-0939.jpg

IMG02234-20111120-0953.jpg

Guest guest59177

Let me get one thing straight here. Will this work that you are doing help you with the next year's visa application??? If not, then in my personal opinion you first order of business should be getting that sorted out. I mean how much time do you need to spend to get all those hours??? Not many I hope!!!

I read this whole thread today... I love it! What a fabulous journey! You're similar to me actually; I met my OH online (He's Aussie), he flew over the next year to here for xmas, then I flew over the following year for xmas, then he moved here though instead of me moving there, lol! Now, a year on from that...and I want to move there! Fickle woman I am! Good on you, long distance is hard even with Skype!