Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest 47403

Double-dip can it really happen?

Guest guest37336
Interesting article in the Telegraph;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8749436/OECD-warns-of-double-dip-threat-in-UK-and-cuts-forecasts.html

Is the UK really at threat? I hope not, surely certain austerity measures will have to be relaxed to stimulate the economy and get it back on track if we're slipping back towards a recession.

I'm no economist Baz, but as you say I think there will be other measures put in place before a 'double' dip happens, if not we are in deep doo doo indeed.:no:

Cheers Tony.

Guest sh7t man no way

another recession is a possibility baz--simple politics dictate it may happen--banks lend money for commission payments (caught out in 2007) then they use hedge funds to cover there bums--world recession hits:shocked:uk government pulls the banks balls out of the fire by throwing OUR money at them,then when banks are trading to a point they refuse to lend money to business to kick start the economy (untill they have enough to start the machine of profit over again (circa 2007)--the government's response is to stop OUR money being pumped back into the system (cost cuts/job cuts) ,and basically tells us its for our benefit:no:and without suffering a bit we will have no future--so in essence the uk is basically a bank (square mile) so if the bank says it wants another recession that's what we will get:mad:and there's nothing the government can do about it--so in my view a double dip is a real possibility

Guest Guest 47403
I'm no economist Baz, but as you say I think there will be other measures put in place before a 'double' dip happens, if not we are in deep doo doo indeed.:no:

Cheers Tony.

Nor me Tone by a country mile, it interests me though but that's as far as my knowledge goes, I just find it annoying those that are can't sort the mess out.

I was talking to a chap yesterday who looks after a number of customers for a bank, he has a portfolio of clients all small businesses he said in 2006 he approved just over £12m in loans this year to date he has approved just under a £1m his hands are tied by restrictions placed upon lending, the majority of those he has turned down are existing customers who present good business cases for loans, he obviously knows a lot more than me and said banking is all about certain risks that's how they become profitable and no risks are being taken at the moment. Small UK businesses are crying out to expand but are not able to do so. Surely some of these restrictions on lending need to be eased a bit.

I know bankers are pretty much hated right now and blamed for the worlds wrongs, (strange how they were alright during the boom years though :huh:) but until they get a bit of freedom again I can't see it improving.