Quarantine time

JoandJon

First problem = the more I look at the word quarantine, the more I'm convinced I'm spelling it wrong. It just looks wrong, but I digress!

I think I've seen on some threads here that some animals are released from quarantine after 28 days - but the information package says 30 days minimum.

Or am I just being an idiot and it's 30 days - just trying to figure out when Satch will be free if all goes well!!

Guest The Pom Queen

Quarantine is spelt right lol x

It is 30 days, but I am not sure if you read Bob's thread yesterday where he mentions that there is a possibility of them extending this, but don't worry this would be from next year.

Cheers Kate,

The word looks ok now, was just looking wrong this morning..... (Weird brain of mine)

I saw Bob's thread - very interesting - but fingers crossed won't affect our monster. So long as she passes her blood tests she'll be safely settled before anything's introduced :)

Can't wait until we have the results and know she can come with us ....

Jo

Guest The Pom Queen
Cheers Kate,

The word looks ok now, was just looking wrong this morning..... (Weird brain of mine)

I saw Bob's thread - very interesting - but fingers crossed won't affect our monster. So long as she passes her blood tests she'll be safely settled before anything's introduced :)

Can't wait until we have the results and know she can come with us ....

Jo

By the results I am presuming you mean lepto? It has been known for some dogs to fail first time so please DO NOT panic if this happens, you would just go back a few weeks later and hopefully it will have dropped and bobs your uncle:hug:

Cheers for the reassurance,

Lepto's the most worrying one - before we adopted Satch she hadn't been vaccinated since a puppy (5 years!!!!!!) so she had the double round of jabs in Nov-Dec last year - unfortunately including Lepto.

I'm worried this might make the levels higher than normal, just wish we'd thought to mention to the vet about our plans at the time!

Fingers crossed I'm worried for nothing, guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks, I just want to get her to Oz ASAP so we can settle in properly!

Cheers for the reassurance,

Lepto's the most worrying one - before we adopted Satch she hadn't been vaccinated since a puppy (5 years!!!!!!) so she had the double round of jabs in Nov-Dec last year - unfortunately including Lepto.

I'm worried this might make the levels higher than normal, just wish we'd thought to mention to the vet about our plans at the time!

Fingers crossed I'm worried for nothing, guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks, I just want to get her to Oz ASAP so we can settle in properly!

We got our dog 18 months ago, who hadnt been vaccinated till he came to us (best part of 7 years). He had all his vacinations in April last year and this year, and passed his blood tests in July - was a worrying time for passing the Lepo that's for sure.

He has 7 days left in quarantine (will have been in for 30days by next friday when he gets out), though he is going into kennels as the house rental we have got isnt available until end of the month. It is local enough for us to visit and we are ok to take him off for walks etc whilst he is staying there.

We got our dog 18 months ago, who hadnt been vaccinated till he came to us (best part of 7 years). He had all his vacinations in April last year and this year, and passed his blood tests in July - was a worrying time for passing the Lepo that's for sure.

He has 7 days left in quarantine (will have been in for 30days by next friday when he gets out), though he is going into kennels as the house rental we have got isnt available until end of the month. It is local enough for us to visit and we are ok to take him off for walks etc whilst he is staying there.

Thanks PeteC - and good luck with your adventures!