Fingerprint Document (Urgent)

Guest crystal2005

Guest crystal2005

Hi all,

Anyone here in Melbourne knows how to get fingerprint impression document??

I have asked Victorian Police and AFP Melbourne, they do provide the service but the needs to be booked. And the earliest would be in the month of November :wacko:

Can't believe this, i thought it is just an ink fingerprint stamp, a task that can be done in 5 minutes...

I urgently need this for Certificate of Clearance from Singapore Police. And my CO only gave me 28 days to provide the document he needs.

It's very impractical for to fly to singapore just to get my fingerprint scanned :arghh:

Guest crystal2005
Why don't you just go down to the supermarket, buy a stamp pad, practice a little bit and do it yourself? :v_SPIN:

I wish i could do that, but only qualified fingerprint officer at an authorised office is accepted for this Certificate of Clearance

I wish i could do that, but only qualified fingerprint officer at an authorised office is accepted for this Certificate of Clearance

Oh! In that case maybe it would be better to contact the Singaporean Police Authorities and explain them your situation, maybe they could guide you to other departments in Oz that are recognized by them.

Just in case you don't get a tip from them the plausible way out might contacting a Notary who can bear witness to you having done your fingerprints in his/her presence i.e. submit a Statutory Document.

:wubclub:

Guest crystal2005
Oh! In that case maybe it would be better to contact the Singaporean Police Authorities and explain them your situation, maybe they could guide you to other departments in Oz that are recognized by them.

Just in case you don't get a tip from them the plausible way out might contacting a Notary who can bear witness to you having done your fingerprints in his/her presence i.e. submit a Statutory Document.

:wubclub:

Thanks for your advice, I will try to contact Singapore Police whether a statutory document containing my fingerprint from a notary is acceptable. I hope that will do.. :arghh:

Guest Guest31881

Once you have made the appointment to get your finger prints done, inform your case officer of the time scale and they will extend the 28 day time limit. There are often many reason why these checks take longer and the CO will be used to delays like this.

Guest dguertin

I can't help you out for the fingerprint in Australia. But I can share my experience where I got an extension from CO.

I had to get both Canadian and US police check. Because I am a Canadian resident, I had to get fingerprinted for the US background check. I got fingerprinted by a specialized company and sent my application through Fedex. Since the FBI website claims it could take up to 8 weeks I provided the CO with the following:

- Scan of receipt of fingerprint company

- Copy of Fedex delivery confirmation to the FBI office

- The FBI website address to confirm the 8 week service level.

I got the extension for the 8 weeks and received the confirmation from FBI within 7 weeks.

Good luck.

Basically, you need to get the process started ASAP and within the 28 days and show proof to the CO.

• 1 month later...

Hi crystal2005,

I am also in the same boat! I had my fingerprints done in 2010 and the Singapore police advised me that it has already expired! CO said that I have 28 days to upload documents-I havent called up the 1300 number for fingerprints but I've been told that its a 3 month wait! What did you do in the end? Please let me know!

Guest crystal2005
Hi crystal2005,

I am also in the same boat! I had my fingerprints done in 2010 and the Singapore police advised me that it has already expired! CO said that I have 28 days to upload documents-I havent called up the 1300 number for fingerprints but I've been told that its a 3 month wait! What did you do in the end? Please let me know!

Here is what i did...

I knew it was unbelievable to wait for 3 months for just a 5 minutes job. Last time I contacted Singapore Police and they said fingerprint impression from public notary is acceptable.

So, I took a fingerprint template (I think it was from FBI document format), modify, and I did my fingerprint by myself in front of the public notary.

Actually this is the tricky part, majority of the public notary do not provide this kind of service, so I asked one of chinese public notary in melbourne CBD (thinking that this might work) to certify my modified template of fingerprint impression. After a bit debate with her, she charged me for $100 which i think was overprice. I hope you can find a better public notary and cheaper one.

Send every document to Singapore Police and all done...

I believe 28 days is not enough, so just inform your CO about your case. I am sure he/she will understand. Good luck :biggrin:

• 1 year later...

Here is what i did...I knew it was unbelievable to wait for 3 months for just a 5 minutes job. Last time I contacted Singapore Police and they said fingerprint impression from public notary is acceptable. So, I took a fingerprint template (I think it was from FBI document format), modify, and I did my fingerprint by myself in front of the public notary. Actually this is the tricky part, majority of the public notary do not provide this kind of service, so I asked one of chinese public notary in melbourne CBD (thinking that this might work) to certify my modified template of fingerprint impression. After a bit debate with her, she charged me for $100 which i think was overprice. I hope you can find a better public notary and cheaper one. Send every document to Singapore Police and all done... I believe 28 days is not enough, so just inform your CO about your case. I am sure he/she will understand. Good luck :biggrin:
I having the same problem now, do you still have contact for the Public Notary from CBD ? The fingerprint taking booking have to wait for 1 month plus from Australia police. An other problem I am facing now is that Singapore Police (COC department) need this photocopy of document from relevant consulate/immigration authority/government bodies to establish that the certificate is required by such authority from . How do you all get that ? I ask from the immigration but they do not issue this. http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htmAppreciate if any of the forum member can help.

• 8 months later...
An other problem I am facing now is that Singapore Police (COC department) need this photocopy of document from relevant consulate/immigration authority/government bodies to establish that the certificate is required by such authority from . How do you all get that ? I ask from the immigration but they do not issue this.

Sorry to dig up an old thread. How did you go about getting the letter from DIAC to give to the Singapore Police?