How long does TRA assessment take?

pswebb38

Guest kianobeano
Oh sorry I confused you :err:

They are paper applications but you can check progress on the TRA site (not that it shows much !)

https://extranet.deewr.gov.au/trades/Interface/Pages/Security/Logon.aspx

Get on to your agent and ask for the log in details (they will be unique to your case).

Justin.:wink:

So sorry to be a pain but I am completley confused now.

My agent submitted our TRA on Mon gone. She told me it will take up to 4 weeks to come back in which time oh will have a skype interview.

From this we hope to obtain a cert (I think) for a chef for WA........(cost was €3000) IS this the FIRST step ??

This morn I asked if we could follow online and she said no thats only for the next step !!! (so maybe i am totally confused as is this not a link for that ?)

In mean time oh is to sit Ielts (which I found out about on this forum and when i enquired i was told oh yeah u may as well do that now !!!!)

So now Ive been given the forms for skills assessment to WA....TRA papers !! (Is this not anything to do with the above, or am i confused cause they are both called TRA ?) and to get references and tax paid details for last 8 years (which is on one headed page from tax office) and a couple of other bits , is this the Next stage ? when i can log on and track ?? this costs €2800 nothing said about bank statements or payslips.

Then I was told after that we could lodge 176 so i assume this is everything weve been doin so far ......cost €2900

I think i know we can defo track this ....this is where you get a co and be told to get meds and police checks .......

After that is that it ? Am i forgetting anything, more than anything im just confused where i am now !!!!

Could somebody plz reply , i know it looks a messy post ...where do you start !! I would be really really gratefull

thanks a mill

j xxx

My agent submitted our TRA on Mon gone. She told me it will take up to 4 weeks to come back in which time oh will have a skype interview.

From this we hope to obtain a cert (I think) for a chef for WA........(cost was €3000) IS this the FIRST step ??

This morn I asked if we could follow online and she said no thats only for the next step !!! (so maybe i am totally confused as is this not a link for that ?)

In mean time oh is to sit Ielts (which I found out about on this forum and when i enquired i was told oh yeah u may as well do that now !!!!)

So now Ive been given the forms for skills assessment to WA....TRA papers !! (Is this not anything to do with the above, or am i confused cause they are both called TRA ?) and to get references and tax paid details for last 8 years (which is on one headed page from tax office) and a couple of other bits , is this the Next stage ? when i can log on and track ?? this costs €2800 nothing said about bank statements or payslips.

Then I was told after that we could lodge 176 so i assume this is everything weve been doin so far ......cost €2900

I think i know we can defo track this ....this is where you get a co and be told to get meds and police checks .......

After that is that it ? Am i forgetting anything, more than anything im just confused where i am now !!!!

Could somebody plz reply , i know it looks a messy post ...where do you start !! I would be really really gratefull

thanks a mill

j xxx

Hi J,

That sounds like the 176 process alright! If your using an agent, they should be clearing up all this for you. I'm sure part of the service which they charge for is to answer any questions you have. People on here are a godsend, but you should get your money's worth from the agent.

Just my 2 bobs worth.

Doing a geographical

ps sorry to butt in! I saw your post on the other thread telling of this post.

thanks a mill

j xxx

What agent are you using, they sound just like ours! Every time we asked if we had done everything they would say 'yes', then all of a sudden they would find something else that we needed to do or fill out!

Which state are you hoping to get sponsorship from?

I really would be having serious doudts about your agent. Ours have been truely fantastic and very clear and up front about everything from cost to process and timeframes. I recently read an article that said the TRA had a back long, and expect assessments to take upto 60 working days (Nearly 3 months) also my agent verified this in a recent conversation.

The process you have described sounds correct. Have faith and make your agent earn there £3000, that is what they are there for, relieve you of the worry and stress.

Hope it helps.

Guest kianobeano

Hi guys,

thanks for the replies, at least i know im on the right track !!!

pswebb38 im usung an agent in ireland ...(wont name & shame just incase !! lol)

doingagoegraphical & greggers68 youre dead right about getting my money,s worth,,, ill be selling the oh kidney soon !!!!

But seriously thanks,

Im on this forum every night learning something new !!!

jen x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheSandersons

Hi, we are also in the same situation...We were told that there was back log & it could be 60 days...we are now a couple of days over!! Our agent said they had checked online & it had still not been assesed! We are so sick of waiting as origially we were told it took aroun 3-4 weeks. Hubby just sat ielts yesterday & they said 2 weeks to find out so hopefully it will all come together then.

Hi, we are also in the same situation...We were told that there was back log & it could be 60 days...we are now a couple of days over!! Our agent said they had checked online & it had still not been assesed! We are so sick of waiting as origially we were told it took aroun 3-4 weeks. Hubby just sat ielts yesterday & they said 2 weeks to find out so hopefully it will all come together then.

I sat my IELT yesterday in Leeds, how did you hubby fined the test?

TRA are very vauge when you try to find out current processing times. From the people on the thread its looking like 4 months plus

Did TRA tell you 60 days?

Guest TheSandersons

I sat my IELT yesterday in Leeds, how did you hubby fined the test?

He also sat his in leeds. Yes he seems to think it went ok so fingers crossed! We were abit worried from the comments on here. Someone was on there 11th test so i think he thought it was gunna b worse.

We swtill have not heard anything and we are 2 weeks over our 60 days. so annoying!

when i recieved confirmation that TRA had received my application on 28th Nov they quoted this;

A TRA Migration Skills Assessment will generally be completed within 60-90 days of receipt of your application and supporting documents.

This could explain why you have still not heard.