How long does TRA assessment take?

pswebb38

• 2 months later...
No haven't got a reference, our agent did it, and I think it was paper not online.

Oh sorry I confused you :err:

They are paper applications but you can check progress on the TRA site (not that it shows much !)

https://extranet.deewr.gov.au/trades/Interface/Pages/Security/Logon.aspx

Get on to your agent and ask for the log in details (they will be unique to your case).

Justin.:wink:

Oh sorry I confused you :err:

They are paper applications but you can check progress on the TRA site (not that it shows much !)

https://extranet.deewr.gov.au/trades/Interface/Pages/Security/Logon.aspx

Get on to your agent and ask for the log in details (they will be unique to your case).

Justin.:wink:

Thanks for that Justin.

As we've waited this long I'll just wait to hear from our agent I think.

Congratulations on getting your visa recently!

Ive been waiting since 19/9 and still says awaiting assesment.. I wouldnt expect anything soon... Sorry but I am thinking they have a pretty big backlog at the moment. ;(

Was yours done under the recently revised rules? Ours was so hoping that it will make things easier

I have applied through my Agent for Tool Maker TRA assesment on 1st sept 11. They sent a letter for "recieved reciept" with 12th Sept as lodging date.

So far the only status i see online is "Awaiting Assesment". Recently my Agent sent an email requesting for status, as the timeline had already crossed 30 working days. They replied stating a huge backlogs to be the reason for the delay, and still no timeline was commited. Awaiting assesment results with fingers crossed.

• 4 weeks later...

Our original application didn't even get to the TRA. I found this out by phoning them one evening a couple of weeks ago1

When I told my agent this, she contacted them as she had sent them 9 applications including ours, and was hoping they hadn't all got lost!

Turns out only ours(typically) and one other went missing, our agent said she was going to send another one in whilst the TRA look for the original one.

I phoned TRA again last night only to be told they still haven't received an application for my wifes assessment! Now I don't know whether to think that the TRA are really incompetent, and have lost 2 applications or my agent is stringing me along to buy herself some time?

We have recently had our SS for VIC confirmed by our agent, and she has been preparing our main visa app in readiness, so this leads me to believe that the TRA are causing the problem?

CONFUSED & FRUSTRATED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!!

I spoke with the TRA today and was advised that they are currently allocating applications lodged on the 9th of September.

But when I spoke to them they didn't even have my wife's details on their database.

Do you think they only get entered onto the database once they are allocated then?

The TRA acknowledge your application and send a Reciept (hard copy) mentioning the "reciept number".

Using which you can generate User id & password on the following portal

https://extranet.deewr.gov.au/trades/Interface/Pages/Security/Logon.aspx.

Once you do this you can easily track your application status online.

Hence the reciept is most important, and you must indeed follow with your agent if he/she has recieved your reciept (if the communication address mentioned in the TRA application is that of your agent) soon after the application is dispatched.

I have lost time of nearly / more than 4 months (even if i expect to get the assessment by 2nd week of Jan). In the meantime, visa fees are hiked from 5-15% for skilled migrants with additional fee for dependents. It may cost another fortune. This TRA delay is having multifold effects. I only wished to apply before this christmas vacations.:cry:

I have lost time of nearly / more than 4 months (even if i expect to get the assessment by 2nd week of Jan). In the meantime, visa fees are hiked from 5-15% for skilled migrants with additional fee for dependents. It may cost another fortune. This TRA delay is having multifold effects. I only wished to apply before this christmas vacations.:cry:

TRA = TAKES REDULIOUS AMOUNTS OF TIME...

I work in a government department and its run pretty slack, they must be either dramatically under staffed or a huge backlog.. Anyway its taking so long I have decided to study...

• 1 month later...

Still heard nothing!!!!! sent on Nov 11th received a message from TRA saying i was registered on 28th Nov, last spoke to a very nice girl at TRA on JAN 11th who told me i was still in the awaiting assessment queue, i asked her if she could tell me roughly how much longer i would have to wait? and she replied early Feb. I pity anyone starting their TRA assessment now, if it takes as long as it states 60 -90 working days that will take them right up to end of June as it takes two weeks to get registered, will be quite a few missing out!!