Taking the risky route!

Guest stratus

Guest stratus

Hi pp's

Well i have booked that flights and am due to depart for Oz in 3 weeks for 3 weeks in the hope of finding an employer that is willing to sponsor (in any line of work). i'am a Qualified plumber

have done some readiing on the subject emigrating via sponorship route. But not many that have made it work suppose there could be a good reason for that i dont know

What i would like to know is there, or has anybody heard of any success storys along these lines ??

thx's:wideeyed:

Hi pp's

Well i have booked that flights and am due to depart for Oz in 3 weeks for 3 weeks in the hope of finding an employer that is willing to sponsor (in any line of work). i'am a Qualified plumber

have done some readiing on the subject emigrating via sponorship route. But not many that have made it work suppose there could be a good reason for that i dont know

What i would like to know is there, or has anybody heard of any success storys along these lines ??

If you are entering on a visitor visa i would certainly not mention you are looking for a sponsor when you go through customs. They might decide you are unlikely to return and might force you on the next flight back.

TV

I agree with TheVet. This is probably not the best way to do it. Could you not apply for a 12 mth WHV. If you do follow this route under no cirumstances tell immigration. Bring your papers as you will need to register here and treat it as a holiday. If your unsuccessful at least you cna always get back on the plane home. Good luck.

I agree with TheVet. This is probably not the best way to do it. Could you not apply for a 12 mth WHV. If you do follow this route under no cirumstances tell immigration. Bring your papers as you will need to register here and treat it as a holiday. If your unsuccessful at least you cna always get back on the plane home. Good luck.

I wish i could use the 12 M.V but alas im over the hill by one to many years. heres hoping

Best of luck. See you on the next series of Border Security.

have seen it lol. always wanted to be famous lol. Will have to make sure i look my best so :skeptical:

Hi pp's

Hi there,

Why don't you just apply for a skilled indepedent or state sponsored visa.

An employer sponsored visa is only a temporary 4 year visa, albeit with an option to take up permanent residency after 2 years. Also, if you are made redundant by your employer then you only have a few weeks to find another employer willing to sponsor you, and if you can't then you have to leave OZ.

Regards Derren

Guest SupportPants

Even if you found a company willing to sponsor you and you are eligible it could take months to get a 457. You risk being dobbed in and deported - which would probably prevent you coming on a legal route at a later date. Pretty high risk and expensive..