Where to live around goldcoast??????

Guest blackwater

Guest blackwater

Hi All,

This is something I should have sorted by now but even though we are going in Jan and begining to pack up etc we still have not finalised a location.

We currently live in a small village with my kids 10 and 12 (almost 13) going to the local primary school. Primarily I want to be in a nice area with nice schools and close to amenities. I don't mind if I am 30/40min drive from the beach it's the schools that I am more worried about. i don't want a huge culture shock for them with huge schools.

I am doing so much research but am at the stage where I know so much I actually know nothing :sad: Any help and information would be so greatfully welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

D

Hi try suburbs such as Mudgeraba, Tallai, Gaven, even Currumbin and Currumbin waters. They are all smaller suburbs a few mins drive inland from beaches and are all gorgeous places.

30 mins inland from the beaches you have Canungra, Clagiraba, Advancetown, Beechmount, again all less populated than the likes of Coomera or Pacific Pines so would probably help the kids settle better if thats what theyre used to.

Hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Guest Gone Crazy
Hi All,

This is something I should have sorted by now but even though we are going in Jan and begining to pack up etc we still have not finalised a location.

We currently live in a small village with my kids 10 and 12 (almost 13) going to the local primary school. Primarily I want to be in a nice area with nice schools and close to amenities. I don't mind if I am 30/40min drive from the beach it's the schools that I am more worried about. i don't want a huge culture shock for them with huge schools.

I am doing so much research but am at the stage where I know so much I actually know nothing :sad: Any help and information would be so greatfully welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

D

I would suggest Coomera. I spent the best 18 months of my life living on a estate called Genisis just up from Coomera Waters. It has a great recreation centre with swimming pool and gym.

It is a beautiful area with properties ranging in size and price to suit everyone. You are only 5 mins from highway and shops, schools but you feel like you have loads of space.

There are cheaper properties available and you can use facilities at Coomera Waters marina which is a great place.

unfortunatley my work took me to miserable Melbourne. Ormeau and Pacific Pines also provide good options.

Good Luck!

Guest sh7t man no way

paradise point could be worth a look at--you have elphrim/sovereign island where all the rich people live just on your doorstep--but paradise point is a down to earth place--a lot of the gold coast has gone down hill over the last 10 years (to many people/with the problems that brings) but paradise point has basically remained the same--hope island is good as well--you have helensville close by with good schools,and shopping mall

Hi All,

Thanks in advance,

D

Had to laugh at that bit - sounds just like me.

I can sit here for hours and think oh I will remember that - but think information overload kicks in. Then hubbie will walk in and ask what I have discovered - lol - I have not even got a reply for him cause I don't know or remember !!!!!!!!

Perhaps just get there then have a look ?????? Sorry not much help.

Guest blackwater

I know its just too much info:arghh::arghh::arghh: between now and January I may just go MAD. I honestly don't know how people did this without the internet...come to think of it maybe ignorance was actually bliss :biglaugh:. I keep a clipboard beside me a write all the important info down, have lost the damn things twice this week :biglaugh:.

Todays a good day can't wait to get there.

Had to laugh at that bit - sounds just like me.

I can sit here for hours and think oh I will remember that - but think information overload kicks in. Then hubbie will walk in and ask what I have discovered - lol - I have not even got a reply for him cause I don't know or remember !!!!!!!!

Perhaps just get there then have a look ?????? Sorry not much help.

I know its just too much info:arghh::arghh::arghh: between now and January I may just go MAD. I honestly don't know how people did this without the internet...come to think of it maybe ignorance was actually bliss :biglaugh:. I keep a clipboard beside me a write all the important info down, have lost the damn things twice this week :biglaugh:.

Todays a good day can't wait to get there.

Yes today was a good one in that respect for me too !

Well yes I do think ignorance is bliss and with out the net well it would have been more of a go with the flow and see what happens when you get there. Perhaps we just all try to jump the gun,try to run before we can walk ? Perhaps we all need to chill a bit and try not to 'overthink'

Yesterday I had to get some trainers for sprogs. Now normally - years ago I would have just gone to a shop and bought them but oh no, I have to sit on the net and trawl through,get distracted,back on track them compair them look for a better price, make silly decisions along the way,get myself confused bla bla bla. Oh and then I end up kicking myself for not just going down the road and buying them In a shop - so much easier amd whats the bet they won't fit anyway.

I have given up writting everything down, i now have a huge favorites list which every few months I just clear as I never look back at it anyway - lol

Shall stop rambling now:jiggy: