Second stage of de facto visa....

Guest PixieV

Hi All,

I know that two years from when you initially lodge your de facto application (for me this was off shore, in the UK in April of this year) but does anyone have an experience of how they view your time apart during that two years.

I am hoping to hear about my visa by the end of this month...fingers crossed for good news as I might be jumping the gun! I returned here to apply as I had thought it was quicker and I could earn whilst we waited (my last 4 months in Australia I could only volunteer, as I had a tourist visa after my WHV to make up 12 months at the same residential address). I have been lucky enough to find work at home and it will even aid me in what I want to do in Australia, as it is a more responsible role within the trials field I was working in before. Given the experience my job is giving me (I am worried in returning to Oz on a temporary partner visa it will make it hard for me to find work) and the money I am currently able to put aside after spending my savings in Oz (I have moved back in with my parents seeing as we hope it is temporary), as well as the commitment I have to certain trials, I wouldn't go back as soon as the visa is granted. May next year (when a project closes) would actually be an ideal time to leave. Would this 13 months at different residential addresses be frowned upon when they come to review us in April 2013? He has had long service leave, so has been able to be here for 2.5 months, I am going to visit him for 2 weeks in November and then he has another 2 weeks here in February next year.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you :wubclub: