Poms in OZ Time Capsule

Guest The Pom Queen

at the moment living in Geelong. I have a lovely wife and 2 boys, oldest starts school next year.

in 5 years..............?

probably (hopefully? big question...) still in Geelong, still in the same area but maybe with a bit more land and an extra bedroom (OK 2) for putting up the steady procession of my family and friends coming over from the UK (yeah right....). I still won't be into AFL or NRL or carlton draught or V8 supercars or fishing or Aussie TV, but I might have a 4WD, and I'll probably (but hopefully not) have a slight Aussie twang.

My boys would hopefully be into surfing and cricket. the Ashes will be interesting.....

Guest Guest16631

..........................I hope me and mine have our health formost............................that my youngest is well on his way in his chosen career [he's 15............so he better be......:frown:..]..................that I still have most of my animal friends...................and I get a new cooker.............way before the 5 years are up :wideeyed:.............and that I manage to go bttuk..............to visit some of my family............

at the moment living in Geelong. I have a lovely wife and 2 boys, oldest starts school next year.

probably (hopefully? big question...) still in Geelong, still in the same area but maybe with a bit more land and an extra bedroom (OK 2) for putting up the steady procession of my family and friends coming over from the UK (yeah right....). I still won't be into AFL or NRL or carlton draught or V8 supercars or fishing or Aussie TV, but I might have a 4WD, and I'll probably (but hopefully not) have a slight Aussie twang.

My boys would hopefully be into surfing and cricket. the Ashes will be interesting.....

I have a 4x4 here so would in Aus,was advised to get one by the osteopath because of the upright seating position for my back/discs,and he was right,killer on the juice annd tax tho!

Fishing i intend taking up,cant EVER see meself having an Aussie twang!

I have a 4x4 here so would in Aus,was advised to get one by the osteopath because of the upright seating position for my back/discs,and he was right,killer on the juice and tax tho!

Fishing i intend taking up,cant EVER see meself having an Aussie twang!not at my age:policeman:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Guest The Pom Queen

Ok I know it's just under a year since I started this but I thought I would give it a bump in case anyone wants to add to it

Well waiting (im) patiently for the house to sell so we can book our one way flights to Perth.

In 5 years my kids will be 14,12 and 8...scary enough on it's own !!

I hope to have left Telecoms behind and be my own boss, maybe own a business around supplying/fitting sustainable heating/insulation/energy generating systems to Poms whinging about the cold winters.

Maybe even to have started a group "owner build" of 5 or more houses that lead the way in terms of how a house should be built to cope with the varying climate but still be affordable for the average Aussie/Pom !

Hmmm, in 5 years time I will hopefully be settled in Qld, preferably Brisbane with my husband. I would like to think that I'll finally have a proper career by then, something I enjoy and something that challenges me and I hope that my OH has fulfilled his dream of joining the Qld police force. I don't know if we'll have kids because at the moment I can't see myself ever having children, I'm not maternal at all, but people with kids keep telling me that I'll change my mind :laugh: I would like to own a horse, something I've wanted since I was little and I hope that I'll have seen a lot more of the world by then. Finally I hope that all my friends and family are well and happy and that I'm still as close to them as I am now.

So now we are a year on does that mean that it is now a four year plan? Quick update, we did indeed book our flights a few days later and landed 15th March 2012.

Been a few ups, a few downs and we have now sort of landed somewhere in the middle. Yes it's expensive in Perth, no we haven't seen any spiders as yet. I don't own a coat as the winter has been a lot milder than I was used to in the UK (or just that I refuse to wear one on principle, decide for yourselves) and all the Aussies I have met have been pretty welcoming as long as your attitude is positive. One thing, Trudy was out with some girls she met on Saturday so I decided to wath Collingwood v St Kilda on the box to see if I could work it out. Premier League starts this month so I won't have to do that again:biggrin:

My main observation is that if you have the drive to make something of yourself you certainly can here but if you are happy to spend the time moaning on an internet forum about how bad things are instead of doing something about it then that is also an option.

Si

Edited by Si T

Guest Guest16631

........wow where did that year go..?..................got the cooker ....:biggrin:.......no sign of a uk holiday.:cry:...........so looking at Broome for next year.............lost a few furry and feathered friends......:cry:.........son well on his way in his career...........just needs to get his hours up and hopefully a license at 17 .....:biggrin:

................just enjoying each day as they come....!..........in 4 years hope to of seen more of the place I live in.............

In 5 yrs time

I would like to be a citizen and I am mostly hoping For my families health improved.

I am hoping to be more comfortable with the disorder I have been given and for it not to be affecting my health in a negative way !!!

I am hoping for more information and research for it.

I hope for my son to have succeeded at Uni.

I hope I am at least close to be a granny..

I am hoping to have visited the UK to see my parents again

I am hoping we finally are back to owning our own home.

I hope to be owned by my dream husky..

Goodness, it's like an interview question - where do you want to be in 5 years.

Well, I hope that I won't have had to go back to the UK as that will mean someone we love has passed away. I hope to be looking back on memories of our 50th birthday celebrations in the US.

I hope my daughter will have passed her degree and be putting it to good use, and that my son is feeling relaxed as he heads into year 12 exams.

I'd like to be living in the same suburb that I do now - unless we win the lotto then I would live by the river, but I would still own our lovely home that we have now as an investment for our children.

I'm hoping that myself and my loved ones still have our health and are still having as much fun together as we do now.

Excellent idea for a thread, happened across it thought I would add my thoughts.

In 5 years time I hope to be better medically, much more settled and stable. I hope to have learnt Sign Language and completed or began my Masters. Hopefully I will have my PR visa by then and be settled in OZ with MR F.

Bex xx