Sign in to follow this  
Guest UpTheGumTree

Question 38 on Form 40SP - Help please

Guest UpTheGumTree

Howdy all,

need a little help please...

doing a Patrner migration visa... the missus is a Pom and I am an Aussie. We have children. So we are filling in the forms and for my part that means Form 40SP.

My question is for question 38 about dependants.

Basically what do I put in there?

As far as I can work out without falling out of my tree, I am only including two of our four children in the application (Form 40SP) as the two older children (10 and 8) are Poms but the younger two are destined to be Australian citizens by descent.

However, in question 38 on Form 40SP do I say yes and if so, how many?

I figure that it must be for other dependants as they already have info on the form from question 19 about the children (the Pommie ones) and from what I can work out????? I am not even mentioning the two younger ones as they should have their Australian Passports before I get to working out all the questions on the forms.

PLEASE, if anyone can give me a definite answer to these questions, it would help out heaps!

Feel free to ask if I haven't explained properly.

I know some people put down answers and might get away with getting them wrong if they are not relavent to the situation, but I would rather get it right, please, so although some readers might suggest ideas, I would rather, if I my be so bold as to ask, I would rather just getting a straight answer..... if possible.

In summary, the missus is a Pom with two children aged 10 and 8 who are from a previous relationship..... We also have two dual citizen children (Pozzies = Poms and Ozzies due to being born in the UK and also having Australian citizenship by descent)... and on form 40SP, when asked "Do you have any dependants?" do I put Yes or No?

(the older two have required clearance to leave the country so that is not the issue or question here)

I have tried to work out a couple of other questions and wrote them on a thread entitled, "A couple of DAFT questions" but I am still trying to get a definite answer to those.

Anyone have time to pop over to that thread and have a look?

Meanwhile I shall be Up The Gum Tree!

thanks

If you have kids (of whichever nationality) then I would put YES to having Dependants :)

We don't have kids so we put NO in this box.

:)

** edit** Sorry just saw the rest of your question!

If you have 4 kids that you support, I'd put 4. It's not asking if they're citizens or not, just if you have dependents :)

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?

Guest UpTheGumTree

Thanks Jo and Jon,

yes, I think you might be right.

It would be a lot easier if it was explained a tad better in the forms and guidelines.

Makes a bloke all dizzy in the scone and yet a few simple instuctions about what they are asking and even why, would make life a lot easier.

Anyway, cheers.

If I find out it is anything different, I'll post back here...

until then....

it's back up the tree for me!

No probs, fingers crossed I've steered you in the right direction :)

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?